Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 MPC Super Stocker Series

Casey

• 1 month later...

The other bodies (Mustang, Barracuda, Chevelle, Camaro) were restored to stock after the Super Stocker issue, so unless they are revised or retooled, those won't reappear.  

Simple enough to grab a stock body (MPC, Revell, or whatever) and rework to fit the GTO/Monte Carlo chassis.

5 minutes ago, alexis said:

That will go nice with the GTO. I wonder if we'll ever get the Mustang or any other body styles from this series?

Me too. They haven't made it to the one's i really want yet, the Camaro, Cuda or Mustang. However, there is hope they follow the theme set by their recent reissues of all 6 chopper kits they did over the last 2 years, including the 2 (black max and cobra) that were never reissued until now. Fingers crossed they do the same with theses. 

1 minute ago, Mark said:

The other bodies (Mustang, Barracuda, Chevelle, Camaro) were restored to stock after the Super Stocker issue, so unless they are revised or retooled, those won't reappear.  

Simple enough to grab a stock body (MPC, Revell, or whatever) and rework to fit the GTO/Monte Carlo chassis.

Dang, you just burst my bubble. 

That being said, were there any kit specific parts for these other 4 that we would need to come up with other than the body? Or would everything be in the Monte/GTO box?

On 2/4/2021 at 12:33 PM, afx said:

A Mustang body I did to fit this SS chassis.

DSCN3376

Did you make any further progress on this?

Looks like it would fit a whole lot better than this body fit the frame. Never paid attention to the ugliness poking out underneath. nothing like the lithe profile on the actual car.

DSCN2739

MPCMustangSS.jpg.a74c0efceee157cf9f8433560457d12c.jpg

1 hour ago, alexis said:

Without looking inside one of the other kits, there is no way to know.  

Anybody got one open that can show the contents?

The chassis, suspension, engines are the same in all the kits as best I can remember.

The original issue kits were built on two wheelbases (depending on the car) and I'm pretty sure the rear suspension setup differed on the shorter cars.  But you could probably build the shorter wheelbase chassis setup with the parts in one of the recent kits.

• 3 months later...