Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where can I find these wheels (71 GMX)

Not worried about plated, I'll Alclad them.  Any available in aftermarket form, or are those kits pretty much the only way to go?

Also, just took a look at the Superstones; they look awfully heavy duty.  This is only for a muscle car roadrunner-type....would they still be the same types?

Edited by Andrew D the Jolly Roger

16 hours ago, Andrew D the Jolly Roger said:

Not worried about plated, I'll Alclad them.  Any available in aftermarket form, or are those kits pretty much the only way to go?

Also, just took a look at the Superstones; they look awfully heavy duty.  This is only for a muscle car roadrunner-type....would they still be the same types?

The AMT 77 Ford cruising van has them also

416C7DF8-A49F-498C-BD57-4CC7F3824A32.jpeg

16 hours ago, Andrew D the Jolly Roger said:

those wagon wheels were insanely popular in that time period and were made in sizes to fit everything from 4 lug trailers up to 8 lug heavy duty 4x4 trucks, B-N-L used to cast some that would be more appropriate for a 2wd truck or a car but I'm unsure of his status right now, there are several sets from kit part out people listed on Ebay right now, just go to model cars and type in wagon wheels

those from Brian's picture look pretty good and could be narrowed from behind if needed

Edited by 440 Dakota

If you’re looking for those wheels for a 1/24 build, Japanese manufacturer Arii used to offer them as a set with some nice fat 1/24 rubber BF Goodrich TA’s. They’re not so easy to find, but they do pop up on the auction site from time to time. 

2F416716-4ABA-494F-B004-903832AEB45C.jpeg

20 hours ago, Andrew D the Jolly Roger said:

This is only for a muscle car roadrunner-type....would they still be the same types?

Ya know - Daisy's Road Runner was the only muscle car I've ever seen with these kinds of wheels. All the rest were on trucks. 

Speaking of which, what about Daisy's Jeep? I seem to recall a nice set in that kit.