Model Cars Magazine Forum

27 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

That paint looks great!  I meant to comment on your last post but got distracted…this is an OUTSTANDING build!  

Thanks so much, Jim! I am aware of how those distractions go! I got the rest of the paint on the car! I'm going to let it cure for a few days, and work on the graphics. I plan to use my Cricut, in their creation. It's time I started learning what the thing can do for me! Thanks again for your kind words.

2DSC_0005cr.jpg

2DSC_0007cr.jpg

2DSC_0011cr.jpg

2DSC_0004cr.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/10/2022 at 10:22 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

The paint only adds beauty to this beautiful little build, the graphics will only add another layer! 😉

Thanks, Francis! I need to find a space to set up my Cricut, so I can (I hope) make a real nice set of decals, for this thing. It's getting pretty close. I am about to go see if I can get the headers mounted...

I punched some discs of BMF to cover the molded-on Dzus fasteners. They looked exactly like shiny polka-dots, which is exactly what they were! 😄 I found an old (not like there's any new ones!) bottle of Dark Red Pactra Acrylic which is an perfect match for the Krylon red I shot the body with. I cut a tiny shred of natural sponge, and dabbed the red onto the BMF discs. I then used a toothpick to clean the paint from the buttons in the middle of the fasteners. Also seen here--I used a 4-way buffer to clean paint from some of the "rivets" that are mounting the hood bulges. Questions, critiques and comments are always welcome. Thanks for looking!

DSC_0001cr.jpg

DSC_0005cr.jpg

DSC_0011cr.jpg

DSC_0012cr.jpg

Thanks, Andy! 

I got the white background decals printed, and began applying them. I still need to decide on fonts, for a couple of those that will go on the clear sheet. The number 21 is a tribute to Roberto Clemente (my favorite all-time player), and the black and gold go nicely with the red. 

DSC_0003cr.jpg

DSC_0012cr.jpg

DSC_0016cr.jpg

I got the numbers on one side. I will print new outlines for the numbers, on a clear sheet, once I have finished putting that sheet together. This film snuggled down, nicely, over the rivets on the wing. I may add another small-town business name, or two, to the car. At the time I took this photo, the numbers hadn't settled down, yet, after application of Micro-Sol. They since have.

DSC_0003cr.jpg

DSC_0005cr.jpg

Edited by Straightliner59
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 6:46 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Nice work on the decals Daniel, it only adds to the realism. 👍

Thank you, Francis. I have a blast, coming up with the local business sponsors! I got some more decals added. The body is now permanently mounted, as well (although, not in these photos). This thing is getting very close!

DSC_0004cr.jpg

DSC_0007cr.jpg

DSC_0012cr.jpg

DSC_0025cr.jpg

This will be the last update, here, until I post a link to the Under Glass section. Just a few more items to finish up. I am completing the mounting of the wing, currently. I got the grille installed. Anyway, she's close! I was in the process of making the fuel cap, when I found this stem winder, in a box of watch parts, and thought--"Hey! That's the right size!"

DSC_0001cr.jpg

DSC_0005cr.jpg

DSC_0009cr.jpg

DSC_0011cr.jpg