Model Cars Magazine Forum

I decided to build another 38' dumper... I had one that ended up being left at my X girlfriend's house... "Sucks, but I can always build another one", I said to myself... 3 years later, here we are!

I want to build something like this... I will be building my own dump box, for this one and saving the kit version for another build...

Here's what I have, so far...

This (below) is a frameless dumper, but mine will have a frame and the triple axle, as well...

#########################20210521_191058.jpg

First we have to extend the frame...

#########################20210520_151814.jpg

#########################20210521_222023.jpg

#########################20210521_210036.jpg

#########################20210521_215729.jpg

I know the plumbing is all wrong... It's mostly for effect, anyway... If I don't say anything, nobody will know...

#########################20210521_215753.jpg

#########################20210522_163512.jpg

I think it looks the part, so far...

#########################20210522_163524.jpg

Now, on to the dump body!!! Gonna pair it up with this...I had to use a piece of flat styrene to get the frame straight, so openings had to be cut... Now, it's straight, though... I just had to do it the hard way, I guess...

#########################20210521_175951.jpg

########################20210521_181025.jpg

##########################20210521_221951.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Got a bit more done, last night... Noticeably, I changed my mind as to what type of dumper I wanted to build... As I was building it, I thought about the higher volume dumpers I'd seen a lot of after Hurricane Harvey that frequented the roads in the aftermath... I just had to do one... Anyway... Here's where it went...

##############################20210522_234304.jpg

##############################20210522_234227.jpg

##############################20210522_233703.jpg

##############################20210522_233648.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jim B said:

You're off to a good start.  Looks really nice.

Thanks, Bud.... I think you chimed in just as I was uploading an update.... Come on in and see what's new...😁

1 hour ago, Mopar - D said:

Awesome scratch building JT looking forward to seeing it in person. 

Can't wait to show it to you... You need to come by and pick up that rear door setup, anyway...😎

20 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I like it!! Looks great so far!! Looking forward to seeing more of this one!

Thanks, Man... I just added more....

5 hours ago, Jim B said:

That's one big dumper!  Should be able to haul quite a bit.

JT, are you feeling ok?  Your tractor is blue, not orange! 😄

LOL!!! 🤣 It's funny... I, indeed, am running low on orange paint... 😔 I had a couple of cans of Duplicolor medium blue, so I went with that, this time... It has been in my stash for about 4 years, and I was surprised that it was still good....

19 minutes ago, yh70 said:

looking good brother...u run out of Orange paint ?

Thanks, Bud... As I told Jim, I have, sadly run out, but I figured I'd get rid of some other paint that has been sitting around for YEARS....😆

5 hours ago, leafsprings said:

The custom frame and body work are very impressive, hard to believe it originated with the MPC kit! The  newer  more modern look of trailer matches the modern tractor perfectly!

Thank you, Man... I'm having a blast with these reissues and newer kits that have come along, lately... Still waiting for my Moebius 48' flatbeds I have on back order... Can't wait to see what I can do with those...

JT,

Great idea here. Nice work on the frame extension. I really like the scratch built dump body .

Looks like you have this one under control. 

I love dump trucks and trailers .

Be Well

Gator