Model Cars Magazine Forum

1983 Audi Quattro Coupe

StanGlover

Fire up the Quattro! Here’s my build of the Tamiya Audi Quattro Coupe. It’s painted Tamiya TS-8 Italian Red with two coats of future. This kit builds up very nicely with plenty of detail despite the low parts count. I was pleasantly surprised that the decals worked nicely with no tearing, since most of the decals from older kits I’ve built disintegrated. 

I built this kit as a gift for my stepdad, as he owned a red ‘89 model during the ‘90s in the UK before he moved to the US. He sold it to his dad, who daily drove it until 2005 when it was unfortunately totaled in a crash. His parents luckily walked away unscathed, which they attributed to the car’s build quality. He always says it was the best car he’s ever owned so I know he’ll love it!

ACF654E7-8ED5-4E2A-8518-07E739E5B93C.jpeg

4EDEC87D-241F-49EB-9EB4-191727039BB6.jpeg

1061B588-478F-4610-BB3C-8BC58405386F.jpeg

F0FFD390-2A29-424A-AC59-3C32B0E3EA3D.jpeg

18537CF5-7C2D-4356-94FC-55B0AD4194EA.jpeg

3646E148-E84E-4C2E-A5B9-8F2BFDA05E43.jpeg

046B318D-6405-4891-9B8A-41DA36C754B7.jpeg

D3619878-F80B-4AC8-BCCD-6352C0E44485.jpeg

AFF694DB-E7A6-4157-8BCF-7F05DD5EB039.jpeg

• Like 4

Super build. You don't see many of those built, especially to such standards.

I wonder if I'm the only one who caught the reference of the first line though. 😉 

Loved the show and have been wanting to also build the car. 

All time best cop car in TV history? Gene Hunt's Ur-Quattro from Ashes to  Ashes. “Fire up the Quattro.” : Audi 

Edited by Can-Con

34 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Super build. You don't see many of those built, especially to such standards.

I wonder if I'm the only one who caught the reference of the first line though. 😉 

Loved the show and have been wanting to also build the car. 

All time best cop car in TV history? Gene Hunt's Ur-Quattro from Ashes to  Ashes. “Fire up the Quattro.” : Audi 

I wondered if anyone would catch it! I need to give that show a rewatch. Ashes to Ashes, a BBC cop drama for those wondering. Watch Life on Mars first though, it’s the prequel show. 

1 minute ago, StanGlover said:

I wondered if anyone would catch it! I need to give that show a rewatch. Ashes to Ashes, a BBC cop drama for those wondering. Watch Life on Mars first though, it’s the prequel show. 

Yes, but the BBC Life on Mars though, NOT the American version.

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, Rosie said:

I just bought this kit, and yours is beautiful 😍

It's my first ever car kit, would you mind telling me how you painted the body? Was it a spray can or airbrush or just brush?

I used a Tamiya spray can! TS-8 Italian Red. If it’s your first time spray painting a model, definitely practice first on a plastic spoon or soda bottle. Also, invest in Tamiya primers if you’re using their spray paint. Read through this forum, there’s tons of paint how-to info!