Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Corvette Mach 111

Airwreck

Hello All! This is my first post and first time sharing some of my work. Thanks for taking the time to check this one out. It is a 1953 Corvette kit with a bunch of goodies from the 1993 Mustang Concept Mach III kit. I had fully built the Corvette as a kid in which I shoved a 'Ole Big Block between the rails and tabbed it out. Nowadays I like a clean restomod with blowers and turbos and enjoy the fine details. I have modified the motor with a bigger blower, but all extras were pretty much scratch built or modified from another kit. The suspension, driveline, dash and hood are off of the Mach III. I haven't been in a hurry with this one as I find my way to my workbench when I find some downtime. Let me know your thoughts, below are some staging pictures of my vision for this kit and some pics along the way. 

IMG_20171120_182700195_LL.jpg

Thank you Zippi! I was checking out that 65 chevy in green, I really like that color! I posted my daily driver which is a 64 bel air on the thread Mike is working on his 62 impala...

Edited by Airwreck

53 minutes ago, Paul Payne said:

I too like to play around with options- everything I end up not using goes back to the parts stash. Sometimes a new direction or combination becomes the lightbulb moment. I'm liking the paint color- what is it?

I know that feeling. Stance, wheels and color -- mostly in that order is where I start and then build to accent those. 

The color is Testors Aztek Red Pearl over a dark gray primer. The gold is Testors Aztek Gold Pearl as well. I'll have to look at the can on the black, it has some nice flakes in it as well and I believe it was Model Masters brand