Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 Airfix Ford Model T

G'day all,

I recently fell to temptation in the hobby store. I saw the cutest little kit. A 1/32 Ford Model T by airfix. I looked at Scalemates and my kit version is 1973. I got it for a whole wopping 15 Cad.

Would it be trecherous if I built it, or is it worth more than 15 dollars? If anyone has built one, what is it like? Any mods suggested?

I need info on this kit before I know what to do with it.

Thanks

That little Airfix kit has been around a long time. There were two issues made by Airfix. One of them was a bagged kit issued way back in the 1950's and I think that they did a re tool some time in the 70's.

You can do quite a bit with that kit conversion wise. I made a C cab van from it many years ago, and another modeller friend of mine Philip Ware made a light patrol car from it.

There must be many modellers out there that have done other things with that kit.

Ford Model T Light Patrol Car skilfully converted from the Airfix 32nd scale kit by Philip Ware.jpg

• Like 1

David, you mentioned HO Scale kits of the model T. If my memory serves me correctly, is there a US based company named Jordan who makes exquisite little plastic kits of vehicles in this scale? Many years ago I had a tiny Ahrens Fox Pumper kit that I think may have been a Jordan kit that got lost in a house move. I would be interested to know if Jordan still exists and it so what vehicles are in their range?

Ya I'm with Pete, there are a few interesting little kits there ( ebay) that have caught my eye. The ones I built were probably 25-30 years ago now and really quite accurate given the scale. I saw on Ebay recently a 1934 Ford 4 door sedan that caught my eye and a couple trucks and pickups. And several kits of no interest to me. Didn't see much for Ts but I was only at the one site. All 1/87 scale though and no idea if they have the quality of Jordan. If you find a Jordan kit I have to wonder what the cost might be. These were ranging around $16 US with 10 and 11 people watching some of them, so obviously popular.

I love little accurate kits, if it's not accurate I'm not interested. But lately I've been in 1/16 scale which I also have a heart for.