Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Revell Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 Targa

Casey

2 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

right. I get those companies names mixed up. Even though I have 3 of those Porsche 911s.

They are nice kits.  Almost scary when you open the box and see all the parts.
I have a Fujimi BMW 635 that has metal engine and suspension parts in addition to all the plastic and it makes the Porsche kits look simple by comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

Just opened my US boxed Targa kit that arrived yesterday. Body really badly twisted and also smushed windshield frame. Had another recent Revell release with a couple missing parts.Too bad there is no support to get missing/damaged items replaced. Revell will be getting much less of my $ until they offer support for their screw ups. It's on them - not the retailers.

5 hours ago, vairnut said:

Just opened my US boxed Targa kit that arrived yesterday. Body really badly twisted and also smushed windshield frame. Had another recent Revell release with a couple missing parts.Too bad there is no support to get missing/damaged items replaced. Revell will be getting much less of my $ until they offer support for their screw ups. It's on them - not the retailers.

Wrong: There is support, just use the form via link

Revell warranty request – Revell GmbH (revell-service.de)

You can even upload photo's to show them the defect, so that they can have feedback send to the production facility.

Edited by Luc Janssens

8 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

You can even upload photo's to show them the defect, so that they can have feedback send to the production facility.

Agreed. I used it for parts replacement within the last year and was told 6-7 weeks for delivery. I had it here in NY in two weeks. Great service. 

I filled out the request for the missing parts in the '30 coupe kit back in November. Did get an email confirming my request but nothing received. Did fill out the request last night for the bad Porsche body.  In the instruction manuals and online there are notes that say the online request is for Europe only. US issues are to return kit to retailer.  Having never received the missing parts requested last year I expected it was because of the location. Will see, I'm no good at fixing warped plastic bodies but can fix resin no problem.  Porsche body looks like a case of pulled and packed before cooled rather than just packaging issue.

12 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

4 hours ago, Matt T. said:

Agreed. I used it for parts replacement within the last year and was told 6-7 weeks for delivery. I had it here in NY in two weeks. Great service. 

Just to confirm Luc and Matt's comments, earlier this year I also requested a warranty replacement part from Revell using the link provided above (windshield frame for the '30 Ford coupe).  I entered my request on a weekend, but within a day or two I got a reply saying they would send a replacement, and it would take about 6-7 weeks.

Ended up receiving it in about 2 weeks (shipped from Germany) - better lead time than many US based shippers.

I also recommend uploading pictures, and specifying the kit # and the part # of the defective part.  The way I see it, the more info they have, the better chance of you receiving the correct part (in your case, since you need a new body, that's fairly cut and dried, but with the smaller widgets it's critical to specify what the part number is on the tree)