Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Panel Accent

Yep as Brain said be careful on what you use to remove the overwash, it will depend on the paint you used but the mildest mineral spirits you can get. 

What I generally do is use a qtip or a makeup sponge (mostly the sponges) to remove excess as I apply it so I dont need to go back at a later date with any kind of solvent. The sponges are just little wedges, ask your wife, but the Dollar Store has a bag with 20 or so in them for about $2 usually. 

That applicator brush has a reservoir so that you can hold it in one spot and it will continue to wick accent into the panel line. I have had it “burp”  a drop onto the model. Wiping the brush inside the neck of the jar will get rid of some of the excess. I’ve also had a static charge attract the accent before I could even touch the model. Wiping the model with a used dryer fabric softener sheet will remove the static charge. 

Q-tip slightly damp with Tamiya X-20 enamel thinner or lighter fluid will work fine over bare plastic and lacquer paint.

I wouldnt recommend using over enamel paint, it can be done but you will need to be very cautious and precise to not get it where dont want it.

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 1