Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cool 4x4 Corvair wagon...

The other night, I was flipping through the channels on TV and saw this cool Corvair wagon 4x4 - aka: Morrvair. I forget the name of the show (Off Road Rescue?) but man, oh man... that is a cool looking Corvair wagon 4x4. Is there a Corvair wagon kit or replica out there? I wasn't aware there was a Corvair wagon. I wonder what 4x4 frame would it fit on?  

MORRVAIR.jpg

34 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

The other night, I was flipping through the channels on TV and saw this cool Corvair wagon 4x4 - aka: Morrvair. I forget the name of the show (Off Road Rescue?) but man, oh man... that is a cool looking Corvair wagon 4x4. Is there a Corvair wagon kit or replica out there? I wasn't aware there was a Corvair wagon. I wonder what 4x4 frame would it fit on?  

MORRVAIR.jpg

Checkout You Tube for a lot of this guys adventures. He has built this and several Jeep based trucks. He and a group of family and friends go out and pull people out some places that they had no business being in.   

42 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

The other night, I was flipping through the channels on TV and saw this cool Corvair wagon 4x4 - aka: Morrvair. I forget the name of the show

Matt's Off-Road Recovery...hence the MORRvair name. 😁

I have watched a handful of episodes mostly the build series for the MORRvair and Banana, but it's always surprising to see how "capable" people's 4x4s really are (or, more accurately, aren't) when they do an actual recovery.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

I have watched a handful of episodes mostly the build series for the MORRvair and Banana, but it's always surprising to see how "capable" people's 4x4s really are (or, more accurately, aren't) when they do an actual recovery.

Yup. That’s what the MORR in Morrvair stood for.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Like the episode where they tried pulling someone out of a hole too big to drive through. LOL!

13 hours ago, Casey said:

That’s kinda how the Banana got it’s name, he went to go pull somebody’s motor home out of the mud, after it was painted yellow but before he lifted it and started his channel, well, the guy that called him saw the little XJ that came to rescue his big motor home, his asked Matt “You’re going to pull me out with that little yellow Banana?!” ………..which he then did and the name stuck!  There was another video where they had to save a Fire Expedition that was stuck, and I’m just pretty sure that he was truly insulted at seeing the Banana show up, guess he expected some big 4x4 pickup with a thumping V8, not some little unibody SUV with a glass pack equipped  I-6 dating to the Johnson Administration on 35” tires to show up.

13 hours ago, espo said:

Checkout You Tube for a lot of this guys adventures. He has built this and several Jeep based trucks. He and a group of family and friends go out and pull people out some places that they had no business being in.   

It’s amazing how many side by sides they end up rescuing, seemingly almost all rentals too. The number of big 4wd trucks they end up dragging out with the MORRvair, Banana, Rudy’s (Matt and Jaimie’s eldest son) XJ.  They even have one lady that they know on a first name basis, she’s had a couple 1st get Expeditions that are stock with iffy tires that she tries to take places I’d not want to take something that is both that big AND stock.

14 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

MORRVAIR.jpg

that rig doesn’t have a normal chassis, they build a uniframe into it from different shapes oh steel tube as they cut the stock unibody apart, then fabricated a custom suspension, engine compartment, and mounts to make it front engine and 4wd, and then there’s the interior where the dash and some of the structure is all that’s still kinda stock as well as the body mods  between the boat sides, opened fenders and flares, and eventually the front end where they worked a traditional grill that looks period Olds like.  It’s not even as “Stock” as the Farmtruck from Street Outlaws is.