Model Cars Magazine Forum

The new Model Cars Mag#136

Last month you guys were talking about issue #135 about 2 weeks before I finally got mine!

And when I finally DID get it, it looked like it had spent about a week as a pit bull's chew toy!!! B)

Hey Harry, I got mine today and I am on the other side of the country. B)

I have never been able to figure out the Useless Postal Service and how they deliver magazines! Today I got my February Scale Auto but have yet to get my November Model Cars !?!?! :P Clay and Bob live further South than I do and yet theirs have arrived and I wait.

I am sure someone in our government can explain it to me but I would sure hate to ask!

Mike

Hey Harry, I got mine today and I am on the other side of the country. :angry:

I don't get it. The magazine is printed in Denver. I'm closer to Denver than you are, but you have yours already!

Hey!!! Chicago here! Big city! Major metropolitan area! Nine million people! Tallest building in the USA! Home of the president-elect! We have TWO baseball teams! Helloooooo???!!!

Where's my magazine??? :D

:) I JUST PICKED UP MY TWO COPIES!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GREAT SHOW AND MAKING THIS SHOW A GREAT ONE!! WE WILL BE BACK THIS YEAR AND WE ALL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE NEXT GENERATION OF BUILDS FOE THE 09!!! THAT'S IS A FUNNY GROUPE PICTUR GREAGG ;):( EVERYONE'S BUILDS ARE FANTASIC AND IT WAS A REALLY GOOD TURN OUT AND I'M COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS TILL WE ALL MEET UP AGAIN!! THIS TIME THE BIGG THREE WILL BE SELLING AT THE SHOW AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO PROVIDING ALL THE 1/16TH SCALE BUILDERS CLEAN WICKED PARTS AND BODYS AND EXTRAS AT THE RMR BOOTH :D SEE YOU ALL SOON!! "CONGRATS TO MY BIGG BRO BIGGS!!!!!!!" MUCH DESERVED BRO!! :P M.C.B.A.-SOCALINC.-RMR.-MCM..........

MR.1/16TH :P

Where's my magazine??? :lol:

Harry.. I haven't received Mine yet either and I am near Kansas city only an 8 hours drive drive fron Denver..

and I leave for Cal On Tuesday.. so It will come on Tuesday... after I leave for the Airport ,thats My Guess..

Got home kinda late last night, an lo an behold, there was my latest issue of our favorite mag! I groked it last night, and read a bit more this mornin, and it looks to be pretty good this month! We got some articles by our very own members, which I ALWAYS enjoy caz it makes for a more familial(I just made that up)feeling to the magazine. Kinda like a "For Us, By Us" kinda thing. Thanks for the articles guy's. They were GREAT!!! :lol:

My magazine arrived yesterday and there are some very interesting articles in there!

While looking through the magazine I happened across the Picture of David Morton's in progress show truck above the COMA group photo. I've known David for years and Gregg, you're absolutely correct when you said you have to see it in person to believe it! David had it here at our Charleston show and we sat there for a while talking about all the details he hand made for the truck! Not only is David a great modeler, he's also one of the friendliest people I have met in a long time and will gladly talk to you about how to do something if he knows how. I wish I had some pictures of his past builds to show you as his building skills are amazing!

When that puppy is done I HIGHLY RECOMMEND shooting it for a magazine article!

-Scott H.

Edited by Scott H. AKA Cpt. Bondo

I don't get it. The magazine is printed in Denver. I'm closer to Denver than you are, but you have yours already!

Hey!!! Chicago here! Big city! Major metropolitan area! Nine million people! Tallest building in the USA! Home of the president-elect! We have TWO baseball teams! Helloooooo???!!!

Where's my magazine??? :angry:

Guess I shouldn't tell you I got my copy last friday........................and I'm in Australia :angry:

Great issue too BTW!!

I got mine Jan 2nd. One of the best issues in a long time. The Toledo NNL coverage was most excellant and the fotos were preemo. I musta been in the can when the group foto was taken...Doh! Bill Geary's article on hinging doors put this issue over the top! Now I know why you got that nickname "Mr. Obsessive"! I'm really gonna try that now that you showed us "how to". I read these zines cover to cover.

I live in AZ and got mine last Wednesday. A great issue, thank you to Gregg and all who contributed. Got my OTHER car model magazine last Friday and it is horrible in comparison by size, content, and useful in information. I've been a subscriber for many years and am totally thrilled to hear MCM is going to 12 issues a year. If they are all like the latest issue I might have to find more time to build more than two or three cars a year. Thanks again for a great issue.

I am always the last one to get the mag. I guess those mail turtles swim faster to Australia than here. B)

Either that or the donkey from Denver reaches California first and then heads to Florida via Chicago to send mine :D

I just Got the latest copy in the mail . Just awsome guys keep it up.

And After years of Trying I finally made it into the magazine, I didn't get a model car photo Taken by Gregg . I did make the Group Photo :) Right Beside That troublemaker Tom Kren .

I got mine Friday Jan 2. I just started my subscription with this issue. I have been reading it and so far it looks like a good one.

I am in the group photo too. #1 on the Far left. I am also in the COMA group photo in the front with the white T shirt.

I live in AZ and got mine last Wednesday. A great issue, thank you to Gregg and all who contributed. Got my OTHER car model magazine last Friday and it is horrible in comparison by size, content, and useful in information. I've been a subscriber for many years and am totally thrilled to hear MCM is going to 12 issues a year. If they are all like the latest issue I might have to find more time to build more than two or three cars a year. Thanks again for a great issue.

I got both magazines too but have to disagree with you. I am glad that there are different types of articles in both mags as it makes for great reading and learning.

While I might not hinge the next car I build, the how-to from Bill Geary was excellent. The state of the hobby from a store owner's perspective was interesting and should be posted here for non-subscribers to read and understand why things are the way they are at the LHS.

In the "other" mag, I appreciate the color guide for Mopars, even though I don't build many of them, as it will help others who do. Do I know which glue to use? Yes, but a refresher was nice and if someone was just getting into the hobby that article helps explain what many of us already know.

As far as size, there was only 2 more pages in MCM than the "other" mag. I think the different style and layout of both mags makes them unique in their own ways. The improvements in MCM are appreciated as we all know Gregg doesn't have the staff behind him like the "other" one does and it takes a bunch of hard work to create the magazine.

I do hope Gregg can get it to 12 issues a year but time will tell.

Mike