Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Virginian

Swinger 340

That FRS resin body looks like a perfect fit on the Moebius 65 Plymouth AWB chassis - did you have to do much in the way of modifications to make this all work?

Very nice job on a classic AWB super stocker that’s probably been rarely if ever modeled. Love your taste in drag cars - keep building and posting ‘em!

20 hours ago, R. Thorne said:

I like it.  Something you don’t see every day and brings back memories of watching these cars run (might give you a clue how long i’ve Been on this earth).  

Thank you.I wish I could have seen them at the strip back then. Way before my time though.

19 hours ago, papajohn97 said:

That FRS resin body looks like a perfect fit on the Moebius 65 Plymouth AWB chassis - did you have to do much in the way of modifications to make this all work?

Very nice job on a classic AWB super stocker that’s probably been rarely if ever modeled. Love your taste in drag cars - keep building and posting ‘em!

Thanks John. It is a nicely molded body and it does fit well on the chassis. I did use the kit hood though. And made the side and rear windows from acetate. Didn't want to burn a sedan kit just for the windows. They were easy enough to do.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, M W Elky said:

You nailed the look great job. Did you paint the white or use the decals,and what paint brand/color did you use for the interior? I was using krylon brushed nickel which I now am having a hard time finding.

Thank you Michael. The white on the sides is painted and the stripes on top are decals. For the interior I used Tamiya X31 titanium gold mixed with XF64 brown until it looked right to me.