Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Simpsons Pink Family Sedan

spencer1984

Well done. Love to get out of the box sometimes and do something nutty. Have both the Flintstone car and the Jetson vehicle in my display case but have never thought of doing up a car. I do have the Homer car that Polar Lights did some years back but haven't decided to whether to build or save it as a collectors item.

Again well done.

15 hours ago, robertw said:

Well done. Love to get out of the box sometimes and do something nutty. Have both the Flintstone car and the Jetson vehicle in my display case but have never thought of doing up a car. I do have the Homer car that Polar Lights did some years back but haven't decided to whether to build or save it as a collectors item.

Again well done.

Thanks! I always vote "build it," you can still keep the box as a background display to go with it.

I probably will build it one day but the Jetson was built in '21 and I try to build a variety of modelling themes each year so it will probably be a few years before I get around to the Homer-mobile. I also have the Snoopy and His Sopwith Camel built up for my Odd Ball collection but the a/c is painted in the markings of Canada's Aerobatic Team the Snow Birds. I'm a Canadian and their home base is only about a hundred miles from where I live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is very cool. I had been gathering kits for a long time to build "real world" versions of various Simpsons cars, like Mr Plow, Moe's POS with the rubber daisies all over, the family wagon, Homers ice cream truck, etc. Since my love for the show has waned over the years they have since fallen off the radar, but I still really want to build Mr Plow (and the Plow King 😊 ) and have kits for both.

You went beyond what I was planning to do with actually altering the front end to look like the cartoon car. I was just going to paint a boxy 4 door sedan pink and purple and throw in some details. Yours is a home run!

Thanks, guys!

On 2/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, Mr. Metallic said:

This is very cool. I had been gathering kits for a long time to build "real world" versions of various Simpsons cars, like Mr Plow, Moe's POS with the rubber daisies all over, the family wagon, Homers ice cream truck, etc. Since my love for the show has waned over the years they have since fallen off the radar, but I still really want to build Mr Plow (and the Plow King 😊 ) and have kits for both.

You went beyond what I was planning to do with actually altering the front end to look like the cartoon car. I was just going to paint a boxy 4 door sedan pink and purple and throw in some details. Yours is a home run!

I still want to do more of these, pretty much the same want list as what you've got. The Revell Cadillac came out around the same time as the Simpson's Hit & Run game, so that became my initial push to start working and remains my unofficial checklist of cars.

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Missed this one when you first posted it.

Some excellent work there. Now do Marge's wagon! Or the Canyonero!

The Canyonero will be one of the next ones I do, as soon as I find the donor kit. I want to use one of Lindberg's /120 scale Explorers, since it's a good boxy shape that'll be stupidly oversized next to the other cars.

14 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

The Canyonero will be one of the next ones I do, as soon as I find the donor kit. I want to use one of Lindberg's /120 scale Explorers, since it's a good boxy shape that'll be stupidly oversized next to the other cars.

If you've been trying ebay or swaps and seeing too high prices, maybe post in the "wanted" section down the board here. I'm sure someone has one of these languishing in their collection and would be willing to part with it for a reasonable sum.