Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Bonneville

Bronzekeg

Look forward to seeing what you do with this! Custom parts look interesting, could you post a pic when you get around to starting? I may need to grab one of these...

Oops! Just saw that HpiGuy did a video review and gave a good view of all the sprues, so I got a good look. Several mentions of this kit on the forum, but no pics of the custom parts. Will be watching your progress, it's a handsome subject.

Edited by bisc63
correction

thanks all for your interest in this kit. while I like the full blown custom rear treatment I think they could have done a better job with the front. the box depicts the front treatment and it just doesn't do anything for me. the kit can also be built stock and mild custom. I'm personally not fond of the mild custom front either. there are parts for a stock and custom interior, stock and modified engine and 2 complete sets of tires with your choice from 2 sets of rims. pictured are the custom assemblies from the instruction sheet along with the custom decals.

DSC04585.JPG

DSC04586 (2).JPG

DSC04587 (2).JPG

DSC04589 (2).JPG

DSC04588 (2).JPG

DSC04591 (2).JPG

DSC04590 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Something that caught my eye looking at the pictures of the instructions. They show a Tonneau Cover to go over the rear seat area. Depending on where you are from, that was something that was popular in the late '50's so I was a little surprised to see it in a mid '60's car. 

4 hours ago, bisc63 said:

I like the potential in the custom front end pieces, but not for the Pontiac body here! I agree that it just doesn't work for this car, but I can see it working elsewhere.

I have the custom front end from the 65 grand prix kit and it seems to be more mild and better suited.

DSC04597 (2).JPG

• Like 2

thank you all for the kind words and checking in on this build. I've been working on the chassis and engine. they're coming along slowly but surely. not sure about the whitewalls yet, I may turn them in just depending how they look once the body is painted.

DSC04598 (2).JPG

DSC04601 (2).JPG

DSC04600 (2).JPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deuces wild said:

I'm wondering if the amt '62 Catalina chassis pan/ frame will fit the body....🤔

Not without some work. Bonnevilles were on a longer wheelbase than the lower level Pontiacs. 

I'm thinking the frame design changed in '65 anyway, but I may be wrong on that.