Model Cars Magazine Forum

NASCAR Next Gen questions

So now that the Salvino’s Chase Elliot kit is out, I’m looking for tips, tricks, ideas, and reference photos to start my build.
Has anyone else started on one? If so, any issues to look out for? 
I mainly build older NASCAR cars, so what color is correct for the chassis as they appear a off-white/light grey? 
What color is the back shelf under the back windshield, grey or black?

Correct colors for transaxle, shocks, seat, etc?

Any reference pics for interior, engine, suspension? 

Really looking forward to these kits being a possible resurgence in NASCAR modeling! 
Any input appreciated!

Thanks, 

Jed

53 minutes ago, dawgvet said:

So now that the Salvino’s Chase Elliot kit is out, I’m looking for tips, tricks, ideas, and reference photos to start my build.
Has anyone else started on one? If so, any issues to look out for? 
I mainly build older NASCAR cars, so what color is correct for the chassis as they appear a off-white/light grey? 
What color is the back shelf under the back windshield, grey or black?

Correct colors for transaxle, shocks, seat, etc?

Any reference pics for interior, engine, suspension? 

Really looking forward to these kits being a possible resurgence in NASCAR modeling! 
Any input appreciated!

Thanks, 

Jed

I literally just sat down to watch the race and start my build and research on my Elliott car. Only thing I have seen so far is TS-93 is supposed to be a good match for the blue and I read that these kits the tolerances are so close that you should use a cement on it like testors and not a CA or like glue.

27 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Here you go, Ive put this folder together in preparation for the new kit, I will add to it as I find them.

https://public.fotki.com/Jws926/nascar-nextgen-ref-pics/

Thanks for the link and info..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Here you go, Ive put this folder together in preparation for the new kit, I will add to it as I find them.

https://public.fotki.com/Jws926/nascar-nextgen-ref-pics/

Oh man, that is a GOLDMINE of useful reference pics…I’ve been wanting to build one of these Next Gen cars but don’t know enough about them - GREAT reference material.  Thank you!!! 

• Like 1

Started building mine and you could basically build it without painting anything but when you look at the directions you will notice there are things you can paint to add even more detail. It even lists colors on parts that are not molded in that color. An example of this is right in step one on the engine where there is a part right on top (looks like a fuel rail maybe) the color code on it is M which in the key is Brass and there is nothing molded in brass color...

• 3 months later...

The engine has to be deep enough in the chassis for the snorkel to clear the hood. You either have to press down on the engine really hard to get it to snap in place or trim the mounting tabs on the water pump. IIRC they adjusted the tooling and the newer releases have been corrected.