Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Baldwin Motion Nova....**Finished**

stump

Hey guys,

Well, she's on the shelf. After nearly losing heart with this thing over paint/decal issues, I went ahead and finished her off regardless... ;)

One thing I learned from it....give the decals longer to air out before clear coating..... :D

Anyways, done now and I'm happy enough to display her next to my other muscle cars.

There are a couple of areas to be tidied up, like painting the drive shaft...oops, add some duel sports mirrors, paint the exhaust openings...

bmnovacomplete001-vi.jpg

bmnovacomplete009-vi.jpg

bmnovacomplete010-vi.jpg

bmnovacomplete011-vi.jpg

bmnovacomplete014-vi.jpg

bmnovacomplete015-vi.jpg

bmnovacomplete017-vi.jpg

bmnovacomplete012-vi.jpg

I'm onto a 69 Camaro and another 69 Nova, both painted and well under way....need to get'em done soon so I can start my 1/12 Datsun 240ZG :huh::D

Thanks for dropping by, hope you like her.

cheers

Greg

Thank you all very much guys.. :D I'm glad yous all like her..

Erik,

The carburetor is one of Perry's rein items. I don't think they sell small parts online these days, but you might spot him at some model show..

It is one of the better carburetors on the market that I have seen.....great to detail.

The finish on this one was easy....I made sure I got good coverage with my last three coats of clear, each was sanded with 2400 between sprays.

The last coat went on very smooth and after it was dry I just used Tamiya polish on the roof and sides....then just buffed it all with a soft cloth.

DrOlds,

Ah, yes, just saw your great Yenko Nova and was hoping you had some more pix....Hope you have some luck resizing mate. Look forward to seeing them.

Daniel,

Hey, thanks heaps mate..Your gracious comments and request are wholesomely received man. ;) I do really need to get my outdoor setup working again, hey....

Or set up a proper indoor on plain cardboard......Let me get back toya on that. ;)

Hi Clay,

Mate, nope......I thought about stripping and redoing the whole thing....but didn't have spare decals. ;)

Very careful placement and camera angles help a lot....... :D;)

Thanks everyone

Greg

That's very sharp... I'm thinking of doing something similar myself, using parts from the Revell '69 BM Camaro. I figure I'll have to make the hood myself using the '69 BM scoop, I have a resin '72 Nova L88 style hood for the AMT '72, but it won't fit the Revell '69.

Thanks heaps guys.. :D

Jody,

Um...yeah, we won't mention the drive shaft, ok ...?..... :angry:

I kitbashed a few bits off an Amt BM Camaro, mainly the chrome rocker covers, air cleaner (yet to add) and the headers for the sidepipes. The L-88 scoop is off the Revell

69 BM Camaro. Oh, and of course the wheels and M/T's are from the 70 kit too.

Rob,

Yeah, I have a 6" cowl scoop to suit the Amt Nova...goodness knows why, as I don't have the kit.. B) but I did try it on this just for an idea..I found it was way different, hey..

I used the Revell BM Camaro hood for this one.

Cheers Peter. :angry:

Yep, I understand what you're saying mate, not everyone's idea of kool is big loud striping...I'm kinda a fan of it I guess... ;)

Thanks everyone

Greg

Thanks Gil, Bill and Harry.. :)

Bill, yes, it was almost destined for the never-ever pile....it was a moment of weakness which made me finish it..... :o;)

I would've been a lot happier had I stripped it, but could not convince myself that 3 coats of Tamiya clear was going to give up it's

final resting spot that easy.....

Cheers guys

Greg