Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Ford Pickup By Revell

16 minutes ago, espo said:

Great looking engine. Did you use the solder for the wire looms or something else? The distributer looks good. 

Thanks.  I did use the solder Dave.  I was going to paint it black but I thought it looked fine.

4 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Thanks.  I did use the solder Dave.  I was going to paint it black but I thought it looked fine.

I like as is. Most that I recall were sort of a dirty natural color and I don't think Ford painted them from the factory. As a custom they would more likely be chromed anyway. 

2 hours ago, espo said:

I like as is. Most that I recall were sort of a dirty natural color and I don't think Ford painted them from the factory. As a custom they would more likely be chromed anyway. 

Thanks. My 37 is pretty custom so I think it will work out fine.

17 minutes ago, GoForItPainting said:

You told me (under one of your YT video) to watch out for the firewall during assembly. Thanks for the advice here too! I have just arrived at the point where it will make my job easier. Thank you!!

You bet Buddy.

Looking good Bob. Paint came out nice and I like your method for the spark wire tubes. I have used brass tube in the past and it looks OK too

IMG_7270.thumb.JPG.e9e827adcf30482fc578ea4e0d7530a3.JPG

A word of advice re the Tamiya X series of paint - colour sand it with all the grits down to a fine as you want and then let it gas out for a few more days before you hit with the polish. It is too soft if you don't wait for the gassing out process

28 minutes ago, bill-e-boy said:

Looking good Bob. Paint came out nice and I like your method for the spark wire tubes. I have used brass tube in the past and it looks OK too

IMG_7270.thumb.JPG.e9e827adcf30482fc578ea4e0d7530a3.JPG

A word of advice re the Tamiya X series of paint - colour sand it with all the grits down to a fine as you want and then let it gas out for a few more days before you hit with the polish. It is too soft if you don't wait for the gassing out process

Thanks man.  Those tubes look pretty nice.  

We've been in a Heat wave the past few days and its just to hot to be out in the garage working on any models.  Looks like rain all next week which is bringing the temp down in the mid 80's so I'll be back at it tomorrow.  I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the wood in the bed.

Edited by Zippi

17 minutes ago, slusher said:

We have been in the upper 90 and triple digits since June. You cold get a bed kit.  Have you thought about one.

I guess I could Carl.  Just not much into buying after market parts.  FolkArt Acrylic paint has a Barn Wood color that looks interesting.

The heat wave has left but with the rain now the humidity is terrible.  I did manage to get a little work done and do a little mock up to make sure that things are still fitting right.  I'm getting close to finishing this one.

20220725_113134.jpg.eb48fa6069f7dd336e219d360f0c42eb.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zippi said:

The heat wave has left but with the rain now the humidity is terrible.  I did manage to get a little work done and do a little mock up to make sure that things are still fitting right.  I'm getting close to finishing this one.

20220725_113134.jpg.eb48fa6069f7dd336e219d360f0c42eb.jpg

Those truck beds was painted black from the factory back then..