Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘70 AAR Cuda

Mopar - D

Hey, Dan! I built this one about two years ago. Its a nice kit but I was a little disappointed with the position of the rear wheels.  I should have (and may still) shorten the driveshaft and front of the springs to move the rear wheels forward.  I think I also forgot to thin down the wheel opening flares. Here's a photo so you can see the rear wheel position. Good luck with your build! 😎

enhance

• Like 3

On 7/16/2022 at 6:35 AM, slusher said:

Beautiful color choices Dan!

Thanks Carl I’m going to use Scale Finishes C7 Plum Crazy

On 7/16/2022 at 10:41 AM, espo said:

Can't go wrong with this color on any MoPar. I always liked the Hood Scoop they used on this model. 

Thanks David 

11 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

Hey, Dan! I built this one about two years ago. Its a nice kit but I was a little disappointed with the position of the rear wheels.  I should have (and may still) shorten the driveshaft and front of the springs to move the rear wheels forward.  I think I also forgot to thin down the wheel opening flares. Here's a photo so you can see the rear wheel position. Good luck with your build! 😎

enhance

Thanks for the heads up John. 

6 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Excellent color choice

Thanks Jeff 

Nice project Dan!  One of my all-time favorites, another one I'd like to build one of these days, but maybe with some added drag racing components...!

I can't wait to see your impressions of the kit, despite the negative comments on the rear fenders it seems to be a very nice and detailed kit.

You can't go wrong with Plum Crazy, one of the most beautiful colors in the High Impact line according to my taste of course! 😁

1 hour ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Nice project Dan!  One of my all-time favorites, another one I'd like to build one of these days, but maybe with some added drag racing components...!

I can't wait to see your impressions of the kit, despite the negative comments on the rear fenders it seems to be a very nice and detailed kit.

You can't go wrong with Plum Crazy, one of the most beautiful colors in the High Impact line according to my taste of course! 😁

Thanks Francis 

I think I’ve fixed the fenders by sanding off the wheel trim molding that the AAR’s didn’t have. Here’s the before and after bodies. (Left one is sanded)

1B26DB95-662D-4305-8F87-94E7148C8ED6.jpeg

F91BA34C-5962-4826-888D-2ADA638D4F84.jpeg

• Like 2

I still haven't finished my T/A Challenger. It's already painted in that FJ5 green. Now I need to apply the decals, Paint the engine and detail the Rallyes before I put them on.

ta a.jpg

ta b.jpg

ta c.jpg

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 7:30 AM, Mike C. said:

I still haven't finished my T/A Challenger. It's already painted in that FJ5 green. Now I need to apply the decals, Paint the engine and detail the Rallyes before I put them on.

ta a.jpg

ta b.jpg

ta c.jpg

Nice T/A Challenger Mike. 

I worked on the front grill it seems like Revell didn’t add the chrome trim in the grill that the AAR’s had so I’ve added some. 

D32107FD-F4A1-46E3-91B9-89D68EE6CDEF.jpeg

8FBC2A75-1FD2-4AC3-8460-6C3CF0840E7E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 6:49 PM, Mopar - D said:

Thanks Francis 

I think I’ve fixed the fenders by sanding off the wheel trim molding that the AAR’s didn’t have. Here’s the before and after bodies. (Left one is sanded)

1B26DB95-662D-4305-8F87-94E7148C8ED6.jpeg

F91BA34C-5962-4826-888D-2ADA638D4F84.jpeg

That's not trim, that's out and out flares! I don't know why they put those on the body, there is nothing on the real car that sticks out that much.

I've worked on two of these kits and had to sand down those shelving units before I did anything else!

I love these cars (who doesn't?) and can't wait to see yours come along.

On 7/21/2022 at 12:59 AM, Oldcarfan27 said:

That's not trim, that's out and out flares! I don't know why they put those on the body, there is nothing on the real car that sticks out that much.

I've worked on two of these kits and had to sand down those shelving units before I did anything else!

I love these cars (who doesn't?) and can't wait to see yours come along.

Thanks Patrick 

On 7/22/2022 at 7:14 AM, Bronzekeg said:

nice work Dan, love the 70-71 cuda's.

Thanks Ken