Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Dodge 330 Ramcharger Update

BobbyG

Started a new project to add to my early Mopars. I had a 63 Polara convertible with a broken windshield and an old Plymouth body's hardtop, so its was a perfect project to create a detailed 63 Ramcharger Dodge, the missing Mopar in my projects. The body has been dechromed, new body panels scribed, headlights buckets added and modified the rear taillight panel for the base model, needing more refinement. I will be using a Lindberg kit for the chassis and engine components. New door panel are next and the dashboard modified. I don't have a 3D printer so I am looking for someone who had one to help with the speaker grille and will help my other 62-63 Mopars.  I am missing a hood and front grille/bumper. Hope you like this one.

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

20160501_092009_resized.jpg

speaker-grill-suit-r-s-valiant-plymouth-valiant.jpg

img (14).jpg

Edited by BobbyG
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 9:30 PM, bisc63 said:

Isn't that grille in one of the AMT parts packs, like "bumpers and grilles" or some such?

I think that grille in the parts pack is for a 62 Dodge. Very different. Thanks

• Like 1

Here's an update on my 63 Dodge. I have modified the dashboard to the base model and some detail. Fitted the Lindberg chassis with no issues, just 1/16"trimmed off the front edge, finished the headlight buckets. I added some bits of plastic at the edge of the body to support the chassis. Here's a mock up with Fireball Model Work's Mopar wheel kit, but that will may change later on. Thanks

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (8).jpg

thumbnail (9).jpg

thumbnail (10).jpg

thumbnail (11).jpg

• BobbyG changed the title to 63 Dodge 330 Ramcharger Update
36 minutes ago, David G. said:

You got a lucky break having such simple door panels to replicate. It should be easy to make them look great.

David G.

Yeah what you don't see in the picture is the checked embossing that doesn't show well, once I prime them then it will show better. This is the first pass at making them so I may redo them as the checked parts are not that easy to replicate. My  63 Plymouth door panels were a bit more challenging.

thumbnail (12).jpg