Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grill design requests

OldMopars and myself are teaming up to produce grills for cars and trucks. I am not saying we will do all requests but here is the procedure. Make a request for something to be made with reference pictures of what is desired. This has to be made for a readily available kit, which will need to be mailed to myself for scanning as we have found this is the most reliable way to ensure great fitment. The body needs to be primered in light grey to ensure scanning is very accurate, I will mail the body back at the expense of the provider unless a grill is purchased from me which if so I will send it back with the purchase free if charge.

image.jpeg.587475597bcc6ffb67b37a51f6048845.jpeg

An accurate, open, 82-86 grille for the MPC/AMT Bronco would be much appreciated. I have a complete kit from which I could supply a primed body and any other needed parts.
image.jpeg.98ac27d07f35bdc06da7c4d667260c21.jpeg
Though I’d prefer one to fit the MPC kit shown above, I also have the Revell/Monogram Bronco that I could also supply, if there’s interest in doing both. I’m also the owner of a 1:1 ‘86 Bronco, if that would be of help to verify measurements, photos, etc. Thanks.

Edited by vincen47

I'm requesting the 1983-1991 Econoline grill. The AMT Econoline kit has been re-released multiple times these past few years and I have a kit I can send to you. I would want the hubcaps pictured as well, but I understand this thread is only for grills.

For everybody else, I have done this arrangement with these two gentleman in the past and they were top-rate transactions.

672386190_ScreenShot2022-07-04at2_52_42PM.png.c94210c8056e19ab48524f5eff93a034.png.b0aea0911da7f6b4717f8287d2f57f72.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, blubaja said:

How about an 81 econoline grille please🤝🏻

See my post ;) Pretty much the only difference between what I'm requesting and what you're requesting is the lack of a Ford oval in the middle. Glad I'm not the only one that wants one.

On 8/19/2022 at 7:55 PM, av405 said:

See my post ;) Pretty much the only difference between what I'm requesting and what you're requesting is the lack of a Ford oval in the middle. Glad I'm not the only one that wants one.

That would be easy enough to modify. Thanks 🙌🏻

• Like 1

How about a base Chevy C10 grille for the MPC Deserter kit?  I know you were looking for different Grill options for different kits,but it would be nice to have a sport rear bumper and a tailigate with trim for the same kit too.I’m pretty sure this kit is still available

E7C16C12-77C5-4408-B4BD-CD92A9C587F6.jpeg

99CEB2B3-CC95-4772-B23F-3292DFAF78E4.jpeg

87C5B335-D101-4DD6-8C34-2976EC4EBAD3.jpeg

68C34113-B85C-47FF-9A5C-60EF6358822F.jpeg

Edited by catpack68
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 11:35 AM, Fabrux said:

How about a single headlight grille for the Chevy LUV?

20990-1200.jpg

Would also have to make the bumper. Plus, the taillights are mounted vertically in the corners of the bed. So, new bed caps and tail lights would also have to be made.   

Something that would sell well and is current would be accurate grilles for the Moebius bumpside Ford pickups. The grilles in the kits are horribly inaccurate. You could make the '67-'72 grilles. Another suggestion would be the '73-'75 Ford pickup grille along with the '76-'77.

With my request above, I’m fully aware that the 80’s Ford truck series of kits are not readily available, but they are available. And, considering your market of buyers for such upgrades, the “lunatic fringe”, so to speak, “easy to find” doesn’t stop us, especially if it’s a high-level upgrade for a desirable model - probably one that is in our stash. Either way, I respect your decisions on what to make. Thanks