Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wrong kit in the box??

Hello,

Have had this kit, JO-HAN, Cadillac Eldorado Rancher, some years and have now started on it. Now I see it does not look as the one on the box or instruction, not the same year model. Is this normal for JO-HAN to do so? Have anyone here built it?

Svake

Cadillac Eldorado 1967 JoHan.jpg

Edited by Svake

For those who don't know, JoHan took a shortcut and shared the entire chassis and under hood details from the Olds Toronado with the Caddy Eldorados.

That's why the distributor is in the rear on the instructions and kit, it's an Olds engine, not a proper Cadillac engine. 

The only change they made was put CADILLAC script on the valve covers.

• Like 1

All of the Rancher issue Eldorado kits I have had were '76s, but I understand that that box was used with some earlier bodies when it was first used.

After about 1975, Jo-Han kits can be a crapshoot when it comes to the exact year (in a couple of cases), plastic color, and definitely what decals will be inside the box.  

2 hours ago, Mark said:

All of the Rancher issue Eldorado kits I have had were '76s, but I understand that that box was used with some earlier bodies when it was first used.

After about 1975, Jo-Han kits can be a crapshoot when it comes to the exact year (in a couple of cases), plastic color, and definitely what decals will be inside the box.  

Not to mention interiors.

There was a lot of interior swapping going on towards the end.

Steve