Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt 1967 Chevy Impala SS427

Matt87

Lots of aftermarket detailing accessories plus resin SS hubcaps for a more base look. Also added vinyl top I used MM textured paint left at Riders in GR after Testors discontinued them. Scratchbuilt many things on it. MCW mossport green metallic to replicate GM Mountain green metallic. Two month and 1 week project. I'm very happy with my Impala

20220929_162519_Burst01.jpg

20220929_161410.jpg

20220929_162058.jpg

20220929_162107.jpg

20220929_161933.jpg

20220929_162235.jpg

• Like 7

Nice attention to detail and a great color choice. I just did one in a similar color to yours. 

The resin full wheel covers look are also a nice alternative to the slotted rally wheels. Even if I could find the wheel covers I wouldn't be able to airbrush an alclad like product on them. 

I always have liked that shade of green to. The resin hubcaps I found on eBay I was told they are older ModelHaus resin parts. I agree I like the slotted rally rims but also kind of prefer these. Thanks I spent some time on the trimwork.

1 hour ago, Matt87 said:

I always have liked that shade of green to. The resin hubcaps I found on eBay I was told they are older ModelHaus resin parts. I agree I like the slotted rally rims but also kind of prefer these. Thanks I spent some time on the trimwork.

Thanks! I thought those might be Modelhaus parts.