Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nostalgia Fuel Dragster--Blower Manifold (01/28/23)

Wow Daniel.... seeing it finally come together overwhelms the senses. So much to look at, so much detailing, the exquisite metal chassis, the gorgeously decorated body panels. I could go on and on. This is the best model I have ever seen and no doubt a future recipient of many awards.

Thank you for taking us along for the ride.

Your determination and patience won over Daniel, the end result speaks for itself knowing that photos cannot do justice to such monk's work.

This little gem waited several years to finally reveal all its facets to us, you can be very proud of what you offer us my friend! 🏆

17 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Wow Daniel.... seeing it finally come together overwhelms the senses. So much to look at, so much detailing, the exquisite metal chassis, the gorgeously decorated body panels. I could go on and on. This is the best model I have ever seen and no doubt a future recipient of many awards.

Thank you for taking us along for the ride.

Thank you, Pierre. I greatly appreciate your kind words, my friend. I am happy to have had you along for the ride! Thanks for coming along!

5 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Your determination and patience won over Daniel, the end result speaks for itself knowing that photos cannot do justice to such monk's work.

This little gem waited several years to finally reveal all its facets to us, you can be very proud of what you offer us my friend! 🏆

I truly appreciate that, Francis! It just kept hanging around the workbench, awaiting its day. I really am happy with it. I think it's the first of my projects that there's not something that's bugging me, about it! It even looks good in photos that provide far more than the naked eye can see. It really feels like a level above anything I have done, before. That's all I ever hope for, in this pursuit. Thank you again, my friend!

• Like 1

Daniel it has been a pleasure and absolute honor to watch you resurect and then complete this model, the amount of time effort and detail you have managed to incorperate into this project is truly staggering.  This has certianly become a bench mark model that has set a standard that will difficult to achieve by any modeler, but will also serve as a goal to strive for. Your dedication  and willingness to not settle for good enough, going back and redoing so many different parts of the model shows through in the photos (and yes the camera is the toughest critic of all. I would be remiss in not mentioning that your entire project with your excellent "how I did this tips" has also made better modelers out of anyone who followed along on your journey.  You have enrichened the modeling community here and for that I thank you.  With nothing in the photos to suggest this is anything but a fuel size functiong vehicle I would say, mission accomplished!   Very very well done my friend!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

Daniel it has been a pleasure and absolute honor to watch you resurect and then complete this model, the amount of time effort and detail you have managed to incorperate into this project is truly staggering.  This has certianly become a bench mark model that has set a standard that will difficult to achieve by any modeler, but will also serve as a goal to strive for. Your dedication  and willingness to not settle for good enough, going back and redoing so many different parts of the model shows through in the photos (and yes the camera is the toughest critic of all. I would be remiss in not mentioning that your entire project with your excellent "how I did this tips" has also made better modelers out of anyone who followed along on your journey.  You have enrichened the modeling community here and for that I thank you.  With nothing in the photos to suggest this is anything but a fuel size functiong vehicle I would say, mission accomplished!   Very very well done my friend!

I truly appreciate that, Ian. I don't think anyone could hope for more than to help and to inspire their fellows. I'm still a little amazed that it's actually done!🙂 It was certainly an ambitious undertaking--a little too much, back when I originally started it. Since I first started building, I've been fortunate enough to have other modelers share with me, and I am always happy to share--especially when it's beneficial to others, as well. Thank you for your encouragement, throughout the resurrection, my friend--it's been appreciated!

@absmiamiThank you, Andy! I consider these a badge of honor, whenever you bestow me with one.

I think you outdid yourself with this one my friend!!!!   Your refusal to concede anything to scale sets this build apart from most others.  I do believe you managed to model every detail found on the real deal with great skill and fidelity to scale. I am so glad I got to see this in person while you were building. 

Now let's get to work on the Chaparral  !!!

Randy

7 hours ago, Randy D said:

I think you outdid yourself with this one my friend!!!!   Your refusal to concede anything to scale sets this build apart from most others.  I do believe you managed to model every detail found on the real deal with great skill and fidelity to scale. I am so glad I got to see this in person while you were building. 

Now let's get to work on the Chaparral  !!!

Randy

I appreciate that, Randy! Thanks for your kind words, my friend. There were definitely a lot of things I redid, because they just didn't "feel" right. I like to say that, a lot of what makes a good modeler, is simply a willingness to "do it over". It was good meeting you! I'm glad you got to see this, and I am happy that I was able to truly appreciate that beautiful Maserati. 

The 'Runner is sitting right above my bench, reminding me, every day that my display case needs a road racer! I took a couple of days planning my 24 Hour project, and am currently on that for another 11 hours, or so. The Chaparral is getting the heavy lean, for sure. Thanks again. It's good hearing from you!

I finally got some better photos, so I created an "Under Glass" thread, here:

I appreciate everyone who followed along, here, and lent your words of support and encouragement. I am happy that some of you have been able to garner some useful information from this! 

DSC_0050cr.jpg

• Like 3