Model Cars Magazine Forum

Odds & Ends you'd Like to See

• 1 month later...

Okay, an Offenhauser 6 Stromberg set up for the sbc is now available from VCG Resins... now if I can just find someone who casts/prints the Edelbrock 4 Stromberg intake for the Flathead. IMG_20230310_162257968_MP.jpg.d06fb6a0c8390a2a4654048482993a06.jpgDSC08774.JPG.e0762c5db27d0a895fd4c5347cd3625f.JPG

Edited by Calb56

On 3/11/2023 at 7:05 AM, Calb56 said:

Okay, an Offenhauser 6 Stromberg set up for the sbc is now available from VCG Resins... now if I can just find someone who casts/prints the Edelbrock 4 Stromberg intake for the Flathead. IMG_20230310_162257968_MP.jpg.d06fb6a0c8390a2a4654048482993a06.jpgDSC08774.JPG.e0762c5db27d0a895fd4c5347cd3625f.JPG

So I am asking seriously, is that a desirable intake? I mean I could have done that ages ago but never would have ever thought about it ever. The cross ram intake I did with DCOE'S was wild enough for my taste.

41 minutes ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

So I am asking seriously, is that a desirable intake? I mean I could have done that ages ago but never would have ever thought about it ever. The cross ram intake I did with DCOE'S was wild enough for my taste.

The 6 carb intake or the Flathead?

The Edelbrock 4 carb is pretty rare now, I first learned about them in  a Hot Rod Magazine ad when all issues went online.

The 6 carb set up? No idea, I've seen a lot of photos online but very few on engines... I think it's just the "it can be done" aspect...idk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A decent high tech Kugel type IRS. Those can be used in anything from the '29 Roadster, through '61 Impala, all the way to any slammed truck. 

Also Kugel IFS for fenderless Street Rods. No such suspension has ever been made in 1/25 or 1/24 scale. EVER! The IFS in the AMT "Phantom Vicky" is definitely NOT it, as it is more of a full fendered design based on Corvette? The IFS in the John Buttera's T Touring is the closest, but it is very poorly engineered and long outdated. I understand the debate about investing the time in making such parts and then the people asking for them buying none. In this case I have no problem preordering these parts and paying for multiple sets upfront, while they are being developed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Late Sixties/early Seventies funny car/dragster items: fuel pumps, fittings, dry sump oil pumps, distribution blocks, remote oil filters, magnetos, brake calipers...enough items to detail one car per parts pack.  With indentations to indicate where holes are to be drilled for lines or wires.  First person doing them will sell a bunch of them...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...