Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Ford Truck Pro Street

1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

Looking real fine Bob! I believe that pictures don’t do it justice? The only place I see a hint of green is on the spoon handles. Hopefully you can get some good pics in the sun sometime.😎

Much appreciated Greg.  I have the body in the Dehydrator for 8 hrs.  I'll do a mock up tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Tcoat said:

All I can say is that I hope to some day be able to get paint jobs like that one! Even without the gloss it is spectacular. 

Thanks Tony.  For me, it took a lot of paint testing and practice but I'm getting better at it.

• Like 1

I got the clear shot on the body this morning and it's now in the Dehydrator.  I also couldn't make up my mind on the color for the wheels & bumpers so I went with the traditional chrome.  I has some liquid chrome from a Molotow pen that I airbrushed on.  Looks like I forgot the front bumper.

20230213_115239.jpg

20230213_115258.jpg

20230213_115400.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Like 1

I pulled everything out of the Dehydrator a couple hrs ago and got the body all polished up.  The wheels look more like aluminum than chrome but I like it.  I did a little mock up and I'm thinking now the Black Green looks better on the spoon than it does on the body.  

20230214_095744.jpg

20230214_094318.jpg

20230214_095344.jpg

20230214_095222.jpg

20230214_094252.jpg

20230214_094246.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

I pulled everything out of the Dehydrator a couple hrs ago and got the body all polished up.  The wheels look more like aluminum than chrome but I like it.  I did a little mock up and I'm thinking now the Black Green looks better on the spoon than it does on the body.  

Ya it is sort of grey green in the pictures but actually works really really well with the style of the truck.

The wheels look better than model kit super, ultra, blindingly bright chrome anyway. Far more realistic. 

1 hour ago, Tcoat said:

Ya it is sort of grey green in the pictures but actually works really really well with the style of the truck.

The wheels look better than model kit super, ultra, blindingly bright chrome anyway. Far more realistic. 

Much appreciated dude.  Thanks man.

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

I really like the color and the wheel finish looks perfect.

Thanks.  I like how the wheels came out.

30 minutes ago, KWT said:

That color came out good.

Thanks man.  Not my favorite color but it's ok.