Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Pontiac GTO

mrmike

10 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Defintiely the Revell. Like I said, great build, I just found that one assembly a bit fussy.

Charlie Larkin

Fussy is a better word for that assembly!  I had a little trouble, but what I wouldn't it call trouble.  Fussy is the better word!  I had to use tweezers for mine and lining them up into their proper locations took a little time.  Fussy.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about the missing decal sheet for this GTO and I remembered a set of floor mats on the sheet.  I have a Revell '66 GTO kit that has the decal sheet in it and I made a copy of the decal sheet on paper and then I cut them out and inserted them into the interior.  Looks good!

66GTO22.JPG

66GTO23.JPG

66GTO24.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

That’s going to be one good looking goat!  I really like the gold you chose.

I have an older issue of this kit with the light metallic blue car on the box.  It’s nearly finished but I shelved it about 15ish years ago for reasons I don’t remember now.  Iirc, all it needed was foiled and final assembly.  Might have to dig it out and look at it again.  I did mine in all black.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been working on the '66 GTO off and on for a while now and the foiling is finally done.  Not sure if I'm burnt out or what, but it is taking me longer to finish a model car.  Foiling is done and now it is on to clearcoat and then final assembly.

66GTO28.JPG

66GTO29.JPG

66GTO30.JPG

• Like 2