Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who took over Scenes unlimited

They do not have the dually wheels and tires any more so after I order the fuel tanks and maybe a fifth wheel I will most likely never deal with them again.  I really liked Scenes Unlimited and the products they produced and if no one else make those parts will never build those type of projects again.

• Like 1

To be fair, Danny at Scenes Unlimited had been retired from his first career when he started SU years ago. And these last two years saw some serious health challenges for him and that is why he sold- he couldn't give the service he had previously and wants to enjoy life.

I hope that Paul sees fit to offer the tires and wheels for pickups and SUVs that Danny developed, they filled a void for those of us seeking alternatives. I'm thinking Joseph at Fireball might have some new stuff soon, maybe after he completes his move this month.

10 hours ago, junkyardjeff said:

They do not have the dually wheels and tires any more so after I order the fuel tanks and maybe a fifth wheel I will most likely never deal with them again.  I really liked Scenes Unlimited and the products they produced and if no one else make those parts will never build those type of projects again.

Have you tried Plaskit or Sourkraut Models for your dualies?

Edited by plastic trucker

4 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I hope that Paul sees fit to offer the tires and wheels for pickups and SUVs that Danny developed, they filled a void for those of us seeking alternatives. I'm thinking Joseph at Fireball might have some new stuff soon, maybe after he completes his move this month.

2 hours ago, BuilderX said:

I think Pauls is revamping and going to offer S U stuff again  give it time.

We live in hope.  :D

Paul just posted on FB that he's doing new molds and doing a lot to ensure the quality of his products, which he said takes time.

My old boss used to say I can give you quality or speed, but I can't give you both. I think it applies here.

• Like 2

I have bought a LOT of stuff from Paul, and he is EXCELLENT to deal with, so if any of you guys are hesitant... don't be, he has a great stock of aftermarket and is adding all the time... he is my go to guy here in Canada for sure... buy with confidence... oh and I have NO affiliation with him other than a reliable customer....  he says he is going to do all S U stuff, and I, like you guys are patiently waiting for new stock of wheels and tires.... 

Jeff

I ordered a couple parts a couple days ago,I was hoping he would continue what SU made but is really in to the large trucks where I am not and only need a few parts like fifth wheel parts when I do a conversion on a smaller truck.  I need more of a source for one to one and a half to wheels more then anything,he does have some stake beds I might be interested in.

• 2 weeks later...

Attention,

If you'd like to know what's currently going on with Scenes Unlimited former parts line, get on your FB account and search: Scenes Unlimited. From what I can tell, based on what I've seen on FB, it appears Danny "gave" the (former Scenes) FB page over to Paul. More likely it was part of the sale, but I personally know no details of any of that.

Anyway, Paul appears to be posting regular updates on what he's doing with regards to the Scenes Unlimited line of parts, since I think February 2023.

In a nutshell, my impression is he's trying out, and/or testing all (or many/most ?) of the molds Danny supplied. I also have a "sense" he might want to build up a certain amount of (Scenes) Inventory before he offers anything for sale, but this is just a guess based on very limited information.

Please go see for yourselves!

Note: other than being a former customer of Danny's, who was thrilled with the incredible quality of Scenes Unlimited's parts, and having exchanged a few messages with Danny, I have "no skin in the Scenes Unlimited business".

• Like 1

I TRIED to post this from my phone and the 'security' stuff here is off the clock... wouldn't let me  do it from my phone, so frustrating......... sssoooooo, here I am at the big computer.... I just sent Paul an email yesterday asking about a stock order he has coming from Auslowe, and it will be here soon, Paul is hard at it building the business, and is working hard to make a good product , so as I am not a Facebook guy, but the Mrs is, Paul has a Facbook page that you guys may be interested in checking out as he posts new products and status of products coming... it is     Canadian 1/25 Scale Model truck Guild     give that a go, and you can ask him questions, and failing that send him an email   stsupply@yahoo.com   he will answer very quickly.............. for the record, I have NO affiliation with ST Supply other than I am a good customer, and want to give a shout out to a good business, who has good products, and is friendly and has given me EXCELLENT service.....  I hope this helps out a little bit.... ( he said he hopes to have the whole SU  line up of products back up for sale as soon as he can get them made and in stock )

cheers

Jeff