Model Cars Magazine Forum

ERTL IH Paystar 5000 dumper

Just wrapped this one up tonight! It was a great kit, everything fell into place and I didn't have any major issues to report on. Here's the mod list in no particular order: rear axles moved forward 1/8", reconfigured/relocated the fuel tank/battery boxes, aftermarket decals, 3d printed turn signals/exhaust, rubber mudflaps all around, modified the body to be a smooth side and look more modern, added a tag axle with 3d printed rims and moebius tires, italeri rims/tires on the drives and steers, along with other little odds and ends! Plus a cool mural in the bed, enjoy!

20230503_232719.jpg

20230503_232749.jpg

20230503_232850.jpg

20230503_232924.jpg

20230503_232931.jpg

20230503_233130.jpg

20230503_233150.jpg

20230503_233043.jpg

20230503_233018.jpg

20230503_232944.jpg

20230503_232856.jpg

20230503_232805.jpg

• Like 5

Something about this kit that I never liked the look of.  Your take on it fixed it, I like what you've done.  The proportions look better and the smooth side box is a big improvement over the kit.  Well done.

• Like 1

I'm truly flattered everyone, thank you for such the kind words! This is actually my first paystar dump truck I've done, and I decided I wanted it to be different than the others I've seen. I'm glad everyone likes it! 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 8:59 AM, AlbertS said:

Nice work, really like the color and the added verbal details.  Tell me, what is the source of the third-pusher axle, as i am planning on one of these on a GMC General one of these days? Thanks, AB

Thanks guys! The lift axle is a modified amt peterbilt steer axle, springs are modified from an unknown trailer kit in my parts bin!

• 2 months later...

Beautiful build... like the others mentioned, the dump box looks WAY better than the stock kit box..... and the color, wow that pops, what is the color called............ I could do one of mine in that color.... it makes the truck !

Jeff

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biggu said:

Beautiful build... like the others mentioned, the dump box looks WAY better than the stock kit box..... and the color, wow that pops, what is the color called............ I could do one of mine in that color.... it makes the truck !

Jeff

Thank you! The color is a rustoleum automotive color. I don't remember the exact name, but I think It was gloss emerald? Or metallic emerald?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TruckerAL said:

Thank you! The color is a rustoleum automotive color. I don't remember the exact name, but I think It was gloss emerald? Or metallic emerald?

It is a perfect color for that unit.... I will try and look into that color or something close for a planned build, thanks

Jeff

• Like 1