Model Cars Magazine Forum

My latest Aerosedan build. Tribute to my pup who passed while I was building it.

rastta

This is the Galaxie kit for the 1948 Aerosedan.  I built this one as a 1946 based upon the grille.  I built the 1947 Fleetmaster Aerosedan version back in 2020.   Both are tributes to my two pups who passed during their builds.  The first was Lana and the second was Charlie.  I haven't printed the license plate out yet which will say Charlie, as my previous one did for Lana. 

On to the build.  This is pretty much stock except for the artillery wheels and front lamps.  I ordered additional chrome trim to put on the fender skirts.  It's done in Testors Extreme Lacquer Bronze with wet look clear.  Interior wood courtesy of Gopher racing truck bed decals.  Happy with it overall. Last picture is both of them together.

IMG_2409.JPG

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2700 (2).JPG

IMG_2707 (2).JPG

IMG_2711 (2).JPG

IMG_2714 (2).JPG

IMG_2715 (2).JPG

IMG_2716.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

IMG_2722 (2).JPG

IMG_2721.JPG

• Like 6

Both are great looking builds and nice remembrance of your two pups. The bronze paint finish is nice and smooth looking. These are great kits, and I would like to do another Aero Sedan soon myself. Like how you used all of the accessory trim from the kit. You mentioned ordering additional side trim. I have some if you need it. I used Plastruct half round for the trim and foiled it after paint, so I don't need it. 

2 hours ago, espo said:

Both are great looking builds and nice remembrance of your two pups. The bronze paint finish is nice and smooth looking. These are great kits, and I would like to do another Aero Sedan soon myself. Like how you used all of the accessory trim from the kit. You mentioned ordering additional side trim. I have some if you need it. I used Plastruct half round for the trim and foiled it after paint, so I don't need it. 

Thanks for the positive comments.  As for the trim - I ordered several sets.  I have a truck I want to do as well and I'm gonna probably buy the sedan delivery.  You can get it here if you ever want more. Galaxie Accessories

1 hour ago, rastta said:

Thanks for the positive comments.  As for the trim - I ordered several sets.  I have a truck I want to do as well and I'm gonna probably buy the sedan delivery.  You can get it here if you ever want more. Galaxie Accessories

Thanks for the decal info. Didn't realize they were even available. 

Stunning beauties, the both of them! What is the story with the blue and black top? Did they offer vinyl tops, was it a paint scheme from that era, or just a wild creation all your own? In any event, looks awesome!

1 hour ago, Jairus said:

Well, it's a '47 because it's missing the center bar... and the hood badge is upside down. 
Love the interior tho, you made that one a model it it's own right!

Oops on the hood badge.  Easily fixable.  I see what you mean on the 46 vs 47. Was thinking it was the grille alone.  Thanks for the info.

18 minutes ago, ea0863 said:

Stunning beauties, the both of them! What is the story with the blue and black top? Did they offer vinyl tops, was it a paint scheme from that era, or just a wild creation all your own? In any event, looks awesome!

So the paint on the top is a "lace" paint job.  Laid down lace over the color then sprayed black.  Here's a couple better shots.

0610201238_HDR.jpg

0610201507.jpg