Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Race Hemi

BobbyG

Started work on my Hemi engine that will go in my 64 Plymouth Belvedere sedan. The block is from the Revell Charger with Missing Link's cross ram manifold, Fireball Carbs, MCG p/e pieces,  throttle springs and scratch built pieces. The valve covers are Johan M/T painted with Valspar metallic chrome paint and a coat of dull coat. The distributor cap is from  Replicas & Miniatures and the base is scratch built. Next is the plug wires and looms then finishing it up with pulleys, belt and the rest of the details.

20230614_175834.jpg

20230614_175822.jpg

20230614_175806.jpg

• Like 9

On 6/15/2023 at 8:10 AM, dwc43 said:

Not bad. But your driver's side valve cover is upside down and both carbs are backwards. The linkage is on the opposite side of the carb not on the vacuum secondary pods side. Good start though.

Really! Take a look at the real thing, which I used for accuracy and reference. 

1964.png

cspecs-1964-426Hemi-Cross-ram.jpg

Edited by BobbyG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dino246gt said:

Great job, I've done a couple of these, they're not easy!

This one is the 426 Max Wedge, but the intake set up is the same.

IMG_7474.JPG

Dino, what did you use for the linkage and fuel line fittings? I had to look at your picture a few times to see if it's a 1:1. Great work!

23 hours ago, blunc said:

excellent detail work on your hemi.

an interesting note though, it appears that at least one car was built with the linkage conntected on the "non-vacuum secondary side of the carbs.

7978649-Raybartoncrossram.jpg

Different Holley carbs perhaps.

10 minutes ago, BobbyG said:

Different Holley carbs perhaps.

Linkage is the same on all Holley 4bbl and most 2bbl carbs, unless someone messed with it. Linkage on the driver's side and vacuum pods on the passenger sides.

Dino, what did you use for the linkage and fuel line fittings? I had to look at your picture a few times to see if it's a 1:1. Great work!

Fuel lines are guitar string, it stays straighter than beading wire, which is also good for many things.

Fittings are the outer coating of thin wire, just cut, glued and brush painted, not really great but they do the trick in 1/25th scale.

On 6/19/2023 at 2:55 PM, dwc43 said:

Linkage is the same on all Holley 4bbl and most 2bbl carbs, unless someone messed with it. Linkage on the driver's side and vacuum pods on the passenger sides.

Take another look at the picture above of an actual hemi with the Holley carbs that are the original used for the era.