Model Cars Magazine Forum

Streaker AWB F-85 Cutlass kit; will this be coming?

GMP440

Any chance we will see the Streaker AWB Cutlass F-85 kit after the Chevelle Time Machine AWB kit comes out?    I beleive the chassis is the same as the Chevelle AWB car and some parts of the Streaker kit are found in the past release of the 64 Cutlass convertible kit.  Any developement going on for this kit.   Maybe a question for Steve G.    Any input on this kit subject?  Thanks.

Streaker - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

I would very much love for this kit to come back; I'd commented on it in other threads.

TL;DR: Looking at HPI Guy's video reviews of the 64 Olds convertible and 442 contents, and cross-referencing them with his videos of the Rat Packer Nova, 64 Falcon, and Cyclone Eliminator AWB kits, it seems most of the parts needed are readily available, aside from an all-new AWB 64 Olds body.

Here is a summary of the Streaker parts found in the two new Olds kits. Hope this helps, thanks.

streaker_olds_001a.jpg.5d2b4493475725cd2cd67b4795b4843d.jpg.561dae4676658341b8fd063357db72a1.jpg

• Like 3

The body for the Streaker Olds Funny Car still exists unchanged from 1967 or so, that's why the new bodies were created for the '64 Cutlass Convertible and 442 Hardtop customizing kits.  With the release of the '65 Chevelle Funny Car I believe we should now have everything we need to run the Olds version in the future but there is no specific release plan or official announcement at this time as it's not my project.  Assuming I'm correct the earliest we might see it again is likely late 2024 or 2025 depending on sales on the '65 Chevelle.  

-Steve

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the great video.

Not much of any interest though.

The Streaker F-85, the Boss Nova, the red '32 Ford Roadster.

Steve G, could we get tinted glass on the Streaker, please? Red, Yellow or Blue would be great great!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Stef said:

Thank you, everyone at Round 2, for making this happen! There are a whole lot of us that have been dying to make one of these AWB Olds kits!

My thanks as well.   A big thanks to Round 2 on bringing out the F-85 Streaker AWB car.  I wonder what other big announcements are coming in the future?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 66c10 said:

Any box art or info on this kit when it is coming out 

Box art most likely will based on the original kit, release date currently planned for late '24 or early '25.  

-Steve

9 minutes ago, SteveG said:

Box art most likely will based on the original kit, release date currently planned for late '24 or early '25.  

-Steve

Makes sense to do it that way.

Thanks, Steve.

3 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Since I bought a resin conversion kit for Unreal it must be......🤣

I bought a UnReal Edsel built kit with no box not long ago so it'll be coming !!!  lol

Edited by milo1303s
  • Like 2