Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Dodge SuperBee - 30 year comparison...

KWT

Like many, I built quite a few Monogram kits back in the day. They are some of my favorite even to this day.

As some know... some don't and others don't care... I decided to relive some of my younger years and only build Monogram era kits this year. This is one of those...

Paint is Tamiya Ts50 Mica Blue. A tad darker than whatever I used 30 years back, but close... happy to say, at least my spray skills have improved...

To left we have the 30 years old SuperBee and to the right, the one finished today...

superbeecompare.jpg.e332c1709cb816427961ef5bc9108859.jpg

superbeecompare2.jpg.bf0bb44748d66376d5d2e92a357d83ae.jpg

superbeecompare3.jpg.533b4fe6ef2e068b5930c7f2cecdf212.jpg

now solo...

superbee1.jpg.58fad4a7f59a95a878cc981e565bf774.jpg

superbee2.jpg.edea85a7263bd9987164f98444ae9ae0.jpg

superbee3.jpg.ebedaf95ee404745a48206b0b9aa938b.jpg

superbee4.jpg.1ead2c211b3277689444e638cce7524e.jpg

superbee5.jpg.b29ef379615aa67777d735cb60da97cf.jpg

As always, thanks for looking... on to the next...

• Like 9

Always fun to revisit a kit that you enjoyed in the past. While the original is still great looking, you can notice many improvements in the finishes and detailing. These should always be displayed side by side. 

• Like 1

What a great way to see how your skills improve over the years by building the same model and putting them side by side. The former already looked good but all those years make a big difference. I'm at a point now that my experience and skills have greatly improved over the years but ,halas ,with age , my shaky hands and eyes don't always follow my instructions, but the fun is still there.

Great job on both models and I agree those old monogram kits are still a joy to build.

• Like 1

Thank you all! It is very much appreciated!

On 7/26/2023 at 11:52 AM, happy grumpy said:

What a great way to see how your skills improve over the years by building the same model and putting them side by side. The former already looked good but all those years make a big difference. I'm at a point now that my experience and skills have greatly improved over the years but ,halas ,with age , my shaky hands and eyes don't always follow my instructions, but the fun is still there.

Great job on both models and I agree those old monogram kits are still a joy to build.

I have another couple "revisited" kits I'm planning.. and one started.

I didn't build much of anything last year. These monogram kits have reignited me a bit.