Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '67 Riviera annual

Can-Con

The blown Volare is almost done so I started to restore this '67 Riviera annual while waiting for paint and glue to dry.

I'm going to keep it stock, after all, you don't come across a '67 annual everyday. This particular kit seems to be kinda hard to find so,,

Plans are for dark teal blue paint and a set of re-chromes Buick rally wheels on thin whitewalls. I will use some MCG photoetch scripts on the fenders though.

There was a bit of damage to repair where the custom "vinyl 1/2 top" was attached but other then that it seems pretty good.

2v2ePWiZNx2A694.jpg

2v2ePWiQrx2A694.jpg

2v2ePWibjx2A694.jpg

2v2ePWiK8x2A694.jpg

2v2ePWi1qx2A694.jpg

2v2ePWipFx2A694.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple pics with the paint polished out and mocked up with wheels and tires. 

The Buick wheels are from a '68 Riviera kit. They're some of the most accurate representations of this wheel. The red lines were just to see how they'd look with the color. I only have the two right now but I think I have a few more. Just a matter of finding them. LOL

The interior parts were sprayed black when I got the car but doubt they'll stay black.

IMG 3772

IMG 3773

IMG 3774

• Like 3

7 hours ago, customline said:

Great job resurrecting this old annual, Steve. I wonder if AMT did an annual of the '70. 

No, they stopped at '69. 

A '70 kit would need a whole new body as the sheetmetal is completely different from the doors back from a '66-'69 as well as the back window. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...