Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell snap 63 split window on 67 Corvette chassis?

3 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Which 67 kit are you referring to, I believe there is a hardtop and convertible kit for the 67.

Probably the coupe, the interiors are most likely the closest. Though below it looks like you're better off using the 63 interior.

33 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I can’t imagine that there would be any difficulty swapping chassis between a ‘63 and a ‘67, as long as the kit is the same scale.

They were basically the same car with a few minor differences, none of which would have been basic chassis differences.

Steve

I agree, it's more about they're being weird aspects of the kit design making it more difficult than it should be.

39 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

I pulled out the 63 and 67 kits and also noticed that when using the 67 chassis you will have to work with the 63 interior tub to get it to fit properly.  Specifically, in the area where the rear wheel wells intrude into the interior.

Thank you, this is the kind of info I was looking for. I just wanted to be sure there wasn't something odd about the snap kit that made fitting a different chassis harder than it should be.

Harold Bradford at Historic Racing made an excellent conversion kit to turn a Revell 67 Vette into a 63. He used the snap body to start with, but includes an interior with separate seats, a beautiful (correct) fuelie small block and the nicest alloy wheels around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shark said:

Harold Bradford at Historic Racing made an excellent conversion kit to turn a Revell 67 Vette into a 63. He used the snap body to start with, but includes an interior with separate seats, a beautiful (correct) fuelie small block and the nicest alloy wheels around.

Don't remember that one.  Would be worth getting if still able to get

14 hours ago, Shark said:

Interesting, I was probably going to use the engine from the Revell 62.

Right now, the only fuelie unit in a kit is the AMT 63 Corvette, and it's not very good. If I remember, Harold told me the base parts for his engine came from an MPC 1964 annual kit. He was offering the engine separately.