Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just a quick build while my hand heals from a bicycle accident.  Just released  by PLatz /NUNu this is a BMW M6 that ran in the GT3 category.  Kit is all box stock  but the 3 sheets of decals  took two days  to apply. Color is Mr Color #76 metallic blue with their super clear  over coat.  This is the second go round for this kit and i must say it went very  smooth.  I , particularly like the striking graphics and it was probably the main reason for buying it. More comments below the pictures.DSC08155.JPG.0e22a082e36b30d110422170762e47eb.JPG

Finished kit. Here is a good idea of all the decals.  the kit decals were amazing and went on very smooth....except for the twin silver stripes on the roof wihich required some extra surgery to get all the wrinkles out. Have to be v-e-r-y careful with silver as they are quite thin. These responded well to heat and solvent. DSC08157.JPG.ef79f2f181fe77df16c722ff6463a43c.JPG

rear veiw.  Everything fit quite well and the body snapped onto the chassis quite easily...unlike the last time. There were a few tweaks that had to be made for this to happen.  One of the advantages to doing it the second time.   Thanks for looking. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jim B said:

That's awesome. Great looking BMW.

Thank you Jim

2 hours ago, Mittagskind said:

Great build. Did you put the clear coat over the decals? it looks like this.

Hanjo..thanks for the compliment.  I rarely clear over decals. In this case especially as silver and chrome are very delicate. You run the risk of wrinkling these. 

2 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Looks good, Rich - when building a kit for the 2nd time, one already knows its weak points and is prepared to tackle any adversaries.

Thank you Helmut...it was a joy to do this time around.   Still a "decal challenge" though. 

On 9/2/2023 at 7:00 PM, Pete75 said:

Great job. Sure is a lot of decals to apply!

Sure was,  Thanks Pete

On 9/3/2023 at 2:17 AM, slusher said:

looks Fantastic!

Thank you Carl

On 9/3/2023 at 4:39 AM, ChrisR said:

Looking great!

Thanks

On 9/3/2023 at 4:47 AM, Yeah Nah said:

What a model Rich! Beautiful job on the paint and decals mate.

Thank you for the compliment

11 hours ago, SpikeSchumacher said:

Very nice!

Thank you Matthias

9 hours ago, bbowser said:

Great livery!  Hope your hand is OK.

ThanksBruce...needed to do this to assure myself the hand still worked.

6 hours ago, Paul Waymouth said:

Awesome build I love this livery! You’ve done a fantastic job with one wonky hand…👌

Thought you might enjoy this. Are you going to do this version too. 

4 hours ago, Bruce Scully said:

This is a great looking build , you have done real nice work on the decals. I built this version as well.

Thanks Bruce...did you encounter any problems with the silver decals.?

48 minutes ago, Nacho Z said:

You consistently knock out these fantastic models! I love this one, have it in the stash. Thanks for sharing yours. 

John...thanks for the praise.  Two things on this kit...at the back of the body, file or grind a step for the chassis to fit in the slot. Do the same to the chassis. This allows the chassis to slide into the body easily and it will just pop on the chassis.  Do the chrome and silver decals first and let them dry overnight. Getting the silver strip on the roof is problematic and you may get some wrinkles.  You may have to slice these with a sharp knife to get the air out.  Enjoy the build..its a sharp model when done right. 

On 9/4/2023 at 2:59 PM, Horrorshow said:

Eye catching for sure!!!

Thanks..it is that !

17 hours ago, Dave B said:

Looks great Rich, you sure do knock them out and they would all look good in my display case.

Lucky for me I only build 3-4 a year, I'm out of display space!!

Dave B

Dave...don't think it matters how many you do....you always share them and do awesome work.  You might consider building another display case.....your collection will never get smaller...ya know.