Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Corvette Stingray

cruz

The minute I saw it, I knew it was your build! As always, you knock it right out of the park. Attention to detail is incredible. Not everyone makes 2K look so good because not everyone knows how to shoot 2K. Is there a specific way you go around that?

• Like 1

Just now, cotto said:

The minute I saw it, I knew it was your build! As always, you knock it right out of the park. Attention to detail is incredible. Not everyone makes 2K look so good because not everyone knows how to shoot 2K. Is there a specific way you go around that?

2K is not very different from your regular clear my friend but yes, if you are not careful, you will definitely finish with that "dipped in syrup" look. I just do two even coats with ten minute intervals and for my last coat, I thin the mix a tad more and shoot a final wet coat being careful I don't add too much paint. That last thinned coat will smooth everything up as it's drying. Once dry, I will look for any debris in the paint, wet sand, smooth and finish up with a good polishing. My best advice is to master the use of a good polishing system.....

On 9/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, Nosferatu said:

We can see why it was a trophy winner! Just beautiful!

I also see it was from the September Showdown in Gilbertsville Pa. I miss that show living in AZ now.

Dave

Thank you my friend, the show is currently held in Boyertown, just a few miles west of Gilberstsville. Still a great show though I prefer judge style ones myself....

12 hours ago, ybsluos said:

Marcos

Amazing work as always Brother.  I love the way you kept the car stockish but kind of on roids!  And of course the rake….it is of course Your rake but being that we both know Irv I have to call it the Arter rake!  Lol-Mark

Yes, had to ask permission before I used it.....😆

• Like 1