Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from SoCal.

Duddly01

I only got back into scale model cars in the last year or so and found Model Car Magazine 221 at Burbank House of Hobbies. I enjoyed the magazine so signed up for a subscription in September and I am looking forward to receiving 222. I picked up some back issue on eBay as well. 

I have been restoring and enjoying classic cars for decades and have restored and owned more than 40 classic Mustangs, generally between 1964 1/2 and 1968. Currently we have three 1966, one 1967 and a 2018 Mustang Convertible in the family. My first build were scale copies of three of them.

IMG_2774.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Welcome from a fellow Mustang owner and model car builder.  Impressive build of your 66 convertible down to the grille, wheels covers, license plate and paint color.

Thanks, I will post more on some of my builds in the builds thread. I used MCW paints correct tahoe turquoise + 2K clear and wet sanded for the finish. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av405 said:

I work a few miles away from there. Have you dropped by Ventura Hobbies? It's the only old-school, car-focused hobby store left in the county.

No, I need to check there. I go to Burbank House of Hobbies quite regularly, great shop, but it seems old-school hobby shops like I remember as a kid are few and far between these days.

12 hours ago, Duddly01 said:

No, I need to check there. I go to Burbank House of Hobbies quite regularly, great shop, but it seems old-school hobby shops like I remember as a kid are few and far between these days.

Burbank is my favorite shop but Ventura Hobbies is definitely worth checking out. Just make sure you check their operating hours as its a 1-man show. I also recommend Marty's Hobbies in Thousand Oaks. It's more RC-focused but it's an amazing shop with many tools and a decent selection of kits. They advertise price matches too.

• Like 1