Model Cars Magazine Forum

Had this in my stash for decades. Decided to do some prep work. Glued the windshield frame and front door shut (never could get them work right the first time I built one). Glued the rear roll pan on. Added a console and front door panel to the interior. Made a new steering wheel. Reworked the taillight panel . Didn't realize how bad one of the wheels was (now that's a sink mark). Trying to source a couple of replacement wheels in the wanted section. Also looking for a tonneau cover that the kit didn't come with. Paint might be Testors Inca Gold. Let me know what you think.

Deora front.JPG

Deora bottom.JPG

Deora interior.JPG

Deora wheels.JPG

I'm not sure how accurate you're trying to get here, but bear in mind that the kit piece (if you find one) isn't really a correct representation of the real thing. Here's a shot of the restored car that I think shows it pretty well:

BEDSTRAIGHTON-vi.jpg.745dbf50a48acd285aff818c8f34e120.jpg

And the version I made when I built the kit:

643DeoraLR-vi.jpg.ddc5dc5321bed0113243c2c0acd23d14.jpg

Good luck with your build - looks like you're off to a good start!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2024 at 8:28 PM, RancheroSteve said:

I'm not sure how accurate you're trying to get here, but bear in mind that the kit piece (if you find one) isn't really a correct representation of the real thing. Here's a shot of the restored car that I think shows it pretty well:

BEDSTRAIGHTON-vi.jpg.745dbf50a48acd285aff818c8f34e120.jpg

And the version I made when I built the kit:

643DeoraLR-vi.jpg.ddc5dc5321bed0113243c2c0acd23d14.jpg

Good luck with your build - looks like you're off to a good start!

Your talents are way beyond my skill level.  I "had" a kit one on the way from a fellow member ( didn't work out).

Edited by magicmustang

3 hours ago, magicmustang said:

Your talents are way beyond my skill level.  I have a kit one on the way from a kind fellow member.

Nice of you to say that, but don't sell yourself short. I like to think that I've improved my skills by being ambitious and challenging myself. I rarely achieve everything I attempt, but I keep trying.

Posted (edited)

Progress report. Engine, wheels, chassis and interior done. Need to paint body, going with Testors rattlecan Inca Gold lacquer. Comments and suggestions appreciated. Need a roof beam wood decal from the most recent AMT Deora kit. 

Deora WIP.JPG

Deora roof beam decal.jpg

Edited by magicmustang

5 hours ago, magicmustang said:

Wow, that really pops.

Thank you!  I'm sure with a decent clear coat, it would have been even better.  It's been a few years since I built this, but I think the Inca Gold will be perfect for any number of show cars. 

Looking forward to seeing more Deora!

• Thanks 1