Model Cars Magazine Forum

'63 Riviera radical custom

dino246gt

I removed the chrome trim from around the rear window and added drip rails to the sides.

I made a new windshield surround and  raised the middle of the cowl, this, the windshield surround, was very tricky, and I've never done it before!

And that big piece where my saw is, that had to be reshaped.

It's reshaped and you can see my new windshield surround better here.

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry for the delays, but it's been a lot of primer, sand, fill, sand, primer, sand, etc.

BUT............ I've finally got the Riviera in red and mostly polished, still needs a bit more in certain areas.

You can see that while I wanted a radical custom, I still wanted to preserve the Riviera look.

Although mine is a 2 seater, I think the proportions are good because I also shortened behind the rear wheels, wheelbase is stock '63, windshield and cowl moved back a scale foot!

Nail head will sit back accordingly.

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

Edited by dino246gt
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hey, I finally put some more time into the Riv, been busy with "stuff" and working on that slammed '62 pickup re-build.

So here is where I'm at so far, carpets actually match better than the pics look, but I'm pleased with the colors.

I'll elaborate on what I did later, now it's time for dinner, just didn't want this concept to be left out for too long.

Ciao!

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1804.jpg

Edited by dino246gt
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Okay, I was rushed yesterday posting pictures with flocking dust everywhere, but today, I'm more relaxed.

I cut the pedals from the '66 Riv kit because I already stole the engine from it, so pedals no longer required in that one.

I printed some Buick logos and just glued one onto the steering wheel and put a small photo etch ring over it and some canopy glue.

Outdoor lighting shows the interior better, now it's just glass, headliner, dome lights, sun visors and rear view mirror, THEN I can glue this into the body.

I'm sure it'll look good enough once it's inside the hardtop body, that's why I wasn't too concerned about the smallest details. Cheers!

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

Edited by dino246gt
  • Like 4

Wow! I just read through this entire build and I am truly amazed at the restyling work you accomlished. I am currently working on a 63 rebuilder myself so I was interested to see where you went with this. You have pulled off an excellent job of making a custom out of an already beautiful design and made it all flow even more beautifully. Great job! I'll be watching to see the wrap up on this.

Later-

• Like 1

Beautiful work on the interior Dennis.😎 Nice touch adjusting the bucket seats differently.👍Your first pic of the body with paint kind of gave me a “Mustang” vibe…similar proportions I guess? It will really look great once the trim work is done.🙂

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 1

Just coming out awesome Dennis. The proportions remind me of one of my favorites - the Foose Impostor - although in your case you do not seem to be going the resto-mod route, but rather a period-correct concept route. So cool!