Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ah dam,my dream car slips away.🤬

😪Welp,there goes my dream car.I have wanted this incredible Pro street 66 Chevelle for years.The owner is a really nice guy.I must have asked him a thousand times if he wanted to sell it,but he always said no.Then yesterday,I just happen to see it up for sale online.And he wants $75K for it.Nooo.Wah wah 😦

IMG_8981.jpeg

IMG_8987.webp

IMG_8982.webp

IMG_8980.jpeg

14 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Looks like a beast! I can understand the price tag but seems on the steep side. Well you can always build it in 1:25 :) haha.

Yea,well i agree that it is overpriced.I mean the car is so clean,even though its a pretty old build.But what can I do.Well,another one slips away.The 66 is my favorite year Chevelle..Oh and yea,I have built many pro street Chevelles models.Too many to count.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2024 at 2:47 AM, NYLIBUD said:

😪Welp,there goes my dream car.I have wanted this incredible Pro street 66 Chevelle for years.The owner is a really nice guy.I must have asked him a thousand times if he wanted to sell it,but he always said no.Then yesterday,I just happen to see it up for sale online.And he wants $75K for it.Nooo.Wah wah 😦

IMG_8981.jpeg

IMG_8987.webp

IMG_8982.webp

IMG_8980.jpeg

If you are not now, you should start following Mecum Auctions. Every now and then something of this order goes thru the auction in the upper $20k to mid $30k range. Depends on who the buyers are on any given auction. 

On 1/25/2024 at 2:59 PM, espo said:

If you are not now, you should start following Mecum Auctions. Every now and then something of this order goes thru the auction in the upper $20k to mid $30k range. Depends on who the buyers are on any given auction. 

Yea i try to catch Mecum and Barrett Jackson as much as I can.In fact Im watching Barrett (Scottsdale)right now.And as much as I like the car,I agree,it is WAY🤑over priced.Hey,maybe when I see the guy in the spring,I’ll make him a (much lower offer).🤷‍♂️Oh well..And speaking of Barrett Jackson,I just saw a 79 Bronco sell for $195,000.Are you kidding me?🙄What is wrong with some people?The Guy deserves a good slap in the head.A 79???Sorry,thats Nuts🤪Actually,what blew me away was the 66 totally street legal Ford GT that went for $6.5 million at Mecum last week.

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 5:22 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Yea i try to catch Mecum and Barrett Jackson as much as I can.In fact Im watching Barrett (Scottsdale)right now.And as much as I like the car,I agree,it is WAY🤑over priced.Hey,maybe when I see the guy in the spring,I’ll make him a (much lower offer).🤷‍♂️Oh well..And speaking of Barrett Jackson,I just saw a 79 Bronco sell for $195,000.Are you kidding me?🙄What is wrong with some people?The Guy deserves a good slap in the head.A 79???Sorry,thats Nuts🤪Actually,what blew me away was the 66 totally street legal Ford GT that went for $6.5 million at Mecum last week.

What I have noticed on Mecum anyway. People are paying what I call "Stupid Money" for the early Bronchos. While they are an interesting vehicle, they are more of a highway vehicle that could go off road as opposed to say a Wrangler that was and still is a vehicle that is an off roader first and a highway capable driver as well. Spending this much money why not just buy one of the new Bronchos? A lot more usable vehicle in every way compared to the earlier issues.  Wonder what a financial blood bath these buyers are going to have in a few years when the early bronchos are yesterday's news and some other shiny new old car or truck are the latest statues symbol to have. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 5:22 PM, NYLIBUD said:

3 hours ago, espo said:

What I have noticed on Mecum anyway. People are paying what I call "Stupid Money" for the early Bronchos. While they are an interesting vehicle, they are more of a highway vehicle that could go off road as opposed to say a Wrangler that was and still is a vehicle that is an off roader first and a highway capable driver as well. Spending this much money why not just buy one of the new Bronchos? A lot more usable vehicle in every way compared to the earlier issues.  Wonder what a financial blood bath these buyers are going to have in a few years when the early bronchos are yesterday's news and some other shiny new old car or truck are the latest statues symbol to have. 

I totally agree with you both.  Wife and I watch the auctions also and just don't get the early Broncomania either.  Aside from that, I sure would love to add a bunch of the cars and sometimes pickups crossing the block, most for a lot less then the Broncos.

21 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

I totally agree with you both.  Wife and I watch the auctions also and just don't get the early Broncomania either.  Aside from that, I sure would love to add a bunch of the cars and sometimes pickups crossing the block, most for a lot less then the Broncos.

While we are on the subject of auctions,I have to say that the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale auction was pretty crazy.Some wild cars,trucks,SUVs, a bunch of exotics, although there was only one red Lamborghini Countach (Did I spell that right?)🤔Anyway it only pulled in around $550k,others have gone well into the seven figures.Every boys dream car,of course.Imo the most ultimate exotic cars ever made,behind the Ferrari F40.And then rides,such as this Hummer,pretty cool,just not my cup of tea.And God I could throw up with all the Broncos,and Corvette resto-mods.And what the hell,6 figure Chevy Blazers,a few around $300K,💸💸Are you kidding me?Well anyway,I did see some really nice Mopars that I thought should’ve been sold for a lot more money,but whatever.🤷‍♂️Hey three white Superbirds,a couple of them were HEMIs,I believe.And Dam did Sammy Hagar get old,wow.I think my favorite part of the auction are the sold sticker girls,slapping the sold sticker onto each car,after car.😘Mmmmm.Alrighty.

IMG_9075.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Like 1

Ya, the BJ auction had some real high end looking cars and trucks, with prices to match. Wonder what someone does in life, legally anyway, that gits them the kind of money being spent here.  

11 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

While we are on the subject of auctions,I have to say that the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale auction was pretty crazy.Some wild cars,trucks,SUVs, a bunch of exotics, although there was only one red Lamborghini Countach (Did I spell that right?)🤔Anyway it only pulled in around $550k,others have gone well into the seven figures.Every boys dream car,of course.Imo the most ultimate exotic cars ever made,behind the Ferrari F40.And then rides,such as this Hummer,pretty cool,just not my cup of tea.And God I could throw up with all the Broncos,and Corvette resto-mods.And what the hell,6 figure Chevy Blazers,a few around $300K,💸💸Are you kidding me?Well anyway,I did see some really nice Mopars that I thought should’ve been sold for a lot more money,but whatever.🤷‍♂️Hey three white Superbirds,a couple of them were HEMIs,I believe.And Dam did Sammy Hagar get old,wow.I think my favorite part of the auction are the sold sticker girls,slapping the sold sticker onto each car,after car.😘Mmmmm.Alrighty.

IMG_9075.jpeg

2 hours ago, espo said:

Ya, the BJ auction had some real high end looking cars and trucks, with prices to match. Wonder what someone does in life, legally anyway, that gits them the kind of money being spent here.  

That is one crazy I'm guess "Jeep".  I haven't watched any of the BJ auctions but have seen some of the muscle cars sold in Hemmings Muscle Car magazine auction recap.

I'm with you David about the money spent on a lot of these cars.  There's a lot of people with disposable spending it something that in most cases with sit just to occasionally look at.

Me, I just look at certain ones and say to my car girl wife of 53 years (met her when she had a '66 GTO Convertible and me my '66 Chevelle SS) and say "yep, that's one i'd put in my collection" and heck, it didn't cost me a penny😂

\

• Haha 1

Hey it sucks,🤷‍♂️I can’t afford 95% of the cars that were auctioned off at BJ.🤑Who cares,i mean I don't give a sh#%.Just think it’s cool seeing some pretty cool cars.And it’s weird,I actually forgot,but they went on till about 10 mins ago.A ton of cheap Sunday rides,some real nice too..Hmm 🤔..And I just gotta say that maybe the baddest car that crossed the auction block,was a Jade black 69 Big block Boss 429 Mustang.💸💸💸👋.And I’m a Mopar guy.Just a really mean looking car.Think it went for around $550K.

IMG_9153.jpeg

IMG_9155.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD

On 1/28/2024 at 1:36 PM, espo said:

Lotto winners.....🙄😔

• Haha 1