Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 February 2024

6 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Since the 4x4 Warlock is out, could there be a 2x4 Little Red Express in the future?

Easy conversion if not.

IIRC, the truck has the 2wd front suspension in it so one could build it as an LRE, just need some decals. If nothing else, swap the suspension with the recent 78 Dodge long bed kit and you will have what you need to build it.

On a side note, I have pre-ordered a couple of the Warlock kits but can see getting a couple more later. Conversions and replicating some old trucks I remember from my youth will keep me busy.

Edited by mikemodeler
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Can-Con said:

That's the AMT kit, this is the MPC kit. It always has been correct.

BTW, the coupe and hatchback used the exact same rear side windows. The AMT kit was just wrong.

I guess I didn't realize that the AMT kit wasn't originally from MPC. There was a lot going on in the industry at the time. I'm a fan of the Nova and have owned a few as well as driving them as demos at the time so I'll pick up this reissue based on your information.  

On 2/2/2024 at 3:22 PM, iamsuperdan said:

At 19:18, did he say they were going to do a Warlock in 1/18 scale? That's different

Another AMT trailer reissue. They just re-did the Great Dane reefer trailer a year or so ago, so I guess it was due for another?

Yeah, I thought they got the lighting wrong in this video. Too bright, washes out some detail.

I did the Warlock kit in my early teen years. Rest assure, it is NOT 1/18 scale.

I planned on getting the Warlock kit again. The Coronet, Nova, long nose Mustang, the ‘72 and ‘60 Vette are definitely on my radar.

This looks interesting. I'd think the '68 Coronet will be a pretty good seller as that kit hasn't been available in a very long time. I also will definitely need one of those.  The Nova is another kit that I need to have, because I like those cars a lot.

On 2/3/2024 at 12:59 PM, stavanzer said:

Since the 4x4 Warlock is out, could there be a 2x4 Little Red Express in the future?

Easy conversion if not.

I have been expecting a LRW for a while.  So l kind of expect one within the nex few months..

• Like 1