Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt t bucket

I was wondering what engine and trany this kit comes with if it is a small block ford than I'm in luck. My grandpa build a Hamms Beer T Bucket (hence the last name). He put a 289 dual quad in his (my dad said he has to put a ford in a ford i agree). I am hoping that I won't have to source another engine.

Here's a pic of the car.

Screenshot_20240210_163710_Messages.jpg.6b93fb3607b2df841fc42c9983cac9a3.jpg

FMC66

Not sure which particular 'T' kit you are referring to, but the '23 T Roadster has a small block Chevy. The Switchers T Roadster appears to have some semblance of a Ford, at least the exhaust ports seem to match a Ford. The 'Double T' comes with what I believe is labeled as a Lincoln - it is the Ford family. The Revell T-bucket is also a small block Chevy. Unfortunately for us Blue Oval lovers the choice of a small block Ford in a hot rod will most likely depend upon the aftermarket - resin casters or 3D printers. There is a very nice rendition of the small block Ford available in the Revell '32 Ford Coupe kit.

7 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

There is a very nice rendition of the small block Ford available in the Revell '32 Ford Coupe kit.

I have that kit but I want to build it with the ford not the hemi. So I'm kind of in a tight situation. I have quite a few vintage built up engine's, quite a few are hemis. But the only ford is the awful 427 cammer that comes in the revell henry j and willys truck (I am 99.9% sure it is from the original release of those kits).

The AMT 1925 Model T kit has a strange combination of a MEL Mercury Edsel Lincoln 383, 410, 430 engine and the earlier Lincoln Y block 279, 302, 317, 332, 341, 368 engine, it's not correct for any of them.

The Revell Ford 32 3 Window Coupe and the Roadster has a Ford 302/5.0 small block, the 32 Speedwagon was fuel incected Ford 302/5.0, the later 32 Tudor Sedan based on the same tooling had a Ford Flathead and the Ford Small Block, the 5 Window Coupe had the Chrysler 392 Hemi and the Ford Small Block, finally the Stacy David 32 Rat Roaster and the most recent 32 Roadster based on the Rat Roaster has a Supercharged 350 Chevy Small Block.

Edited by Force

6 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

The MPC Fire Truck kit will get you a small block Ford and headers that look similar to what you need. I think one of the versions of the Revell Tweedy Pie will get you most of the rest of the way. 

unnamed (6).jpg

The basic engine is a small-block Chevy with parts added to resemble the Ford engine in the 1:1 show car.  The chassis in that kit originated in the King T, which had a Chevy engine.

The Switchers T engine is also a small-block Chevy...both of these engines have a rear sump oil pan and oil filter location characteristic of small-block Chevys.

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

The basic block is much wider than a small-block Ford.  Since the engine isn't covered by a hood, I'd look for a Ford engine.

Will do I think I found a decent resin small block ford on ebay for $10!

Edited by FoMoCo66

4 hours ago, FoMoCo66 said:

Do you think I would be OK making the engine in the chopped t look like a small block ford with different valve covers and so on?

It depends on how fussy you are, but in addition to Mark's info, the Ford also has the opposite cylinder bank offset to the Chev.

Thanks for all your help.

After doing some research I thing I am going to use the switchers T and a resin engine.

Does anyone know where I would find aftermarket 10 spoke wheels like the ones in the top photo?

16 hours ago, FoMoCo66 said:

Thanks for all your help.

After doing some research I thing I am going to use the switchers T and a resin engine.

Does anyone know where I would find aftermarket 10 spoke wheels like the ones in the top photo?

There is a set on ebay but they're a bit pricey. If a have or know someone with a 3d printer there is also a file on cults. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134061992750?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=I_8LjZN6Sbm&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=CNi_i6G9QKy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

6 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

There is a set on ebay but they're a bit pricey. If a have or know someone with a 3d printer there is also a file on cults. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134061992750?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=I_8LjZN6Sbm&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=CNi_i6G9QKy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks but I'm trying to diside to buy those or say the wire wheels it comes with are a good enough reputation 

6 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

They are also available in most of the AMT '56 Ford kits, and I think they may be in the AMT Double Dragster kit.

https://ecsvr.com/cpr/shopexd.asp?id=227  Also found these in resin. Hope this helps.

Thanks but I was looking for 10 spokes not 12. If I wanted those wheels I would have stolen them from my drag cal combo falcon.

I think the headers in 1/25 AMT 1925 Ford T -- Chopped Top look like your 1/1.

Here is my parts cleaned up, extended, mounting plate and put in the parts box at the moment.

The choice is between the radii of the pipe bends and "where and how four pipes become one", a choice between aesthetically or technically equal the 1:1 car.

IMG_8134.thumb.jpeg.87a973604f050a5c9d798917df702e37.jpegIMG_8135.jpeg.f9f22d308ab395e678cc7b7f64e68440.jpeg

Edited by Ulf
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 5:25 AM, Fat Brian said:

The MPC Fire Truck kit will get you a small block Ford and headers that look similar to what you need. I think one of the versions of the Revell Tweedy Pie will get you most of the rest of the way. 

unnamed (6).jpg

The Chuck Miller Fire Truck engine? A Chevy with a Ford valve cover.

On 2/14/2024 at 2:03 PM, Ulf said:

I think the headers in 1/25 AMT 1925 Ford T -- Chopped Top look like your 1/1.

Here is my parts cleaned up, extended, mounting plate and put in the parts box at the moment.

The choice is between the radii of the pipe bends and "where and how four pipes become one", a choice between aesthetically or technically equal the 1:1 car.

IMG_8134.thumb.jpeg.87a973604f050a5c9d798917df702e37.jpegIMG_8135.jpeg.f9f22d308ab395e678cc7b7f64e68440.jpeg

Thanks for sharing but the switchers t that I am probably going to buy for this has headers with equal length exost ports even though it has a small block chevy (it also has pretty good wheels and tires for the Hamm's T.AMT-38018-2.jpg.3febef99294431a3484763e81bc5d565.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...