Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Impala convertible

yellowsportwagon

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

Looks great Tim

Too bad that MPC went with the inaccurate pics in the brochure instead of getting the windshield frame and boot right. I always thought it was odd that GM let those mistakes pass. 

Or the chassis that is completely and utterly wrong for a 71-76 big GM car.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 3:50 PM, ea0863 said:

Great build with tasteful paint scheme. How did you get such an even tint on the windshield? I love it.

Ok I use automotive products on anything I don’t brush paint. That being said I mix equal parts of a blue toner and green toner. I put about 4 drops of that in 100 grams of clear basecoat. All waterborne!!!!!! Most importantly. I tape the front side off and spray two to three good coats over the back side with an automotive touch up gun. It has a spray pattern about four inches wide. Must make sure window is completely covered with no missed spots. Then I spray a smooth coat of 2k clear over the tint color. If the color has any missed spots the clear will frost the window. Not good trust me. Take your time. I think any water base paint could be used.

• Thanks 1