Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius F-250 Snowplow.

I enjoyed building this one. I just finished building the F 250 1968,which is a very different story but for another time. This one had no issues it went together just like most Moebius F series kits. I went for a dirty gritty look as I saw so many of these up here in the cold winters of Quebec. You can have the snow plow up or down but it's not movable so you have to decide before you build .I gave it the usual Weathering treatment. I added the diamond plate in the back and a spare chain. I really wish moebius would produce some Dodges from the same era.
The last photo shows my set up for the photoshoot.

Thanks for having a look.
Cheers!

ford f250 snowplow 01.jpg

ford f250 snowplow 02.jpg

ford f250 snowplow 03.jpg

ford f250 snowplow 04.jpg

ford f250 snowplow 05.jpg

ford f250 snowplow 06.jpg

ford f250 snowplow 07.jpg

• Like 5

I like the gritty look of the paint finish. Looks like so many around here that you see sitting in a back corner of a business parking lot and only git used when it snows. I notice what looks like a new create engine in yours. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

I like the gritty look of the paint finish. Looks like so many around here that you see sitting in a back corner of a business parking lot and only git used when it snows. I notice what looks like a new create engine in yours. 

Thanks David, I wanted to leave the engine clean as either a rebuilt or a brand new replacement but I forgot to mention it in the post . Good on you to catch that detail.  I also forgot to take a photo of the chassis which is also heavily weathered.  It looks pretty much like this one.

ford 1965 long box  03.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, happy grumpy said:

Thanks David, I wanted to leave the engine clean as either a rebuilt or a brand new replacement but I forgot to mention it in the post . Good on you to catch that detail.  I also forgot to take a photo of the chassis which is also heavily weathered.  It looks pretty much like this one.

ford 1965 long box  03.JPG

Very realistic looking chassis. Looks like the Tim Worm has had its way with this poor truck. 

• Like 1

That is so realistic, I almost feel the need to get a Tetanus shot! I really need to try my hand at weathering an old beater. I've resisted for so long, due to growing up in Northern Ohio, and watching helplessly as my favorite vehicles rotted out from under me.

23 hours ago, Chinacar said:

The most valuable car in the middle of a January Quebec snowstorm. Such a realistic rendition, great work mon ami!

11 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

That is so realistic, I almost feel the need to get a Tetanus shot! I really need to try my hand at weathering an old beater. I've resisted for so long, due to growing up in Northern Ohio, and watching helplessly as my favorite vehicles rotted out from under me.

8 hours ago, Zippi said:

Great looking Ford snowplow pickup Mario.  Nice weathering job.  I like the last pic. 

Thanks Alex, Jeff and Bob 

1 hour ago, Bainford said:

Good looking old workhorse, Mario. Top notch weathering.

P.S. Did you paint your camera?

Thanks Trevor, the camera was a special edition of the  Canon rebel T3 sold by Future shop who got bought  by Best buy some years ago. It's a good camera, old by today's standards but it does the job. I also use the software to adjust and trigger the camera from the computer.

• Thanks 1

Wow! Down here in the Carolinas' one inch (2.54 centimeter) of that white stuff and you got the Carolina Stampede to the grocery store for milk, eggs and bread. I guess that will sustain  a household in case of a two inch( 5.08 centimeter) regional incapacitating blizzard.

Another Interesting fact:  As if we don't drive fast enough, speed governers are deactivated...

Love that truck and a fantastic job on the weathering!

• Thanks 1