Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Ford Mustang GT Pro Street

Zippi

I started this build last year and kinda lost interest in it so it went to the back of the bench where it sat for months.  This year I decided to finish this build but just couldn't seem to get motivated on it.  I painted it with a Tamiya rattle can and the paint just didn't come out right.  I wet sanded the heck out of the paint and the clear in an attempt to save it.  I had it looking pretty good then while gluing in the lovers I dropped the model.  It hit the bench pretty hard as I tried to gab it while it was going down and just slammed it even harder onto the bench and it slide over and landed on the open glue bottle.  Damage.....The engine broke out, scratch on the roof, and glue got on the roof, PS rocker panel, and the deck lid.  When I glued the engine back in I must have got it off a little as the hood would no long fit right.  Well, you know how it is fellows, it is what it is I guess. 

Chassis is from the AMT 1966 Nova Pro Street kit that was modified, the Ford Blown Boss 429 is via the Iceman, Wheels and tires are from the AMT 1967 Chevelle Pro Street kit, Paint is Tamiya TS-51 Racing Blue, interior is red oxide primer cleared with a Matte clear, bright work is bmf.     

WIP: https://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/188926-66-mustang-pro-street/

20240310_100214.jpg

20240310_100621.jpg

20240310_100629.jpg

20240310_100719.jpg

20240310_101856.jpg

20240310_102814.jpg

20240310_102841.jpg

20240310_102855.jpg

20240310_102742.jpg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, FoMoCo66 said:

You saved it! This looks awesome and was well worth it. Even through all the ups and downs this project it was fun to watch. It looks straight out of 1989. Good job.

I appreciate it man.  So glad this one is off the bench.

4 hours ago, Duddly01 said:

Looks like it came out nice in the end. 

Yes Sir, thanks.  In my books it's an OK build.  

2 hours ago, ea0863 said:

Bob, you should beat up your models more often if they come out looking this good! :) I love the color choices and pro-street direction you took it.

Thanks Buddy.  The pics don't show what happened when I dropped it.

2 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Yeahhhh Buddy, came out looking great, love the engine, perfect color outside and inside. 👍

I appreciate ya My friend.  

2 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking save. The engine detailing looks great. Like the shade of Blue and the wheels & tires. 

Much obliged.  Thanks for the kind words.

3 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

And no Mustang was actually harmed in the making of this thread. Well, maybe a little.....

Turned out great Bob. Top marks on that engine!

Haha...thanks Garry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ybsluos said:

Holy Smokes Bob that is beautiful and beastly simultaneously!  Fantastic workmanship-Mark

I appreciate Mark.  Thanks man.