Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pill Bottles

I know some of get meds in these bottle. I use the taller ones with the cap reversed. The reversed cap make them more stable. Put a few pebbles in the bottom to give them weight. They make great reusable stands to hold what you are painting. 

pill bttl.jpg

• Like 2

I don't recall where I picked up the habit, it was certainly from another builder's channel, but I use one to hold my discarded blades.  

Keeps them from flopping around loose in the trash bin that I occasionally need to rummage through for something I shouldn't have thrown away.

1 hour ago, SDC said:

I don't recall where I picked up the habit, it was certainly from another builder's channel, but I use one to hold my discarded blades.  

Keeps them from flopping around loose in the trash bin that I occasionally need to rummage through for something I shouldn't have thrown away.

Good idea. I'll remember this.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 1:06 PM, bobss396 said:

I keep painted parts and small assemblies in mine. I'll have to try them as a paint stand. 

Good for soaking nozzles in from spray cans.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 9:35 PM, CabDriver said:

They’re good for wheel tubs too, if you’re into building things that need new (larger) wheel tubs 

I would like to see a tutorial on how to do this.

Chris.

• Like 1

We have lots of dogs and they all get top medical care and that means pill bottles. I use them for discarded blades, loose dremel bits, teeny detail parts, mailing small parts, even started to model a steam era metal wheel.

I use them for mixing smaller batches of paint such as chassis satin black or other small area colours for use with my air brush. Toss them when done. With age the pills keep me going so I can model for longer 🙂