Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Oldsmobile 442 match racer

bogger44

4 hours ago, bogger44 said:

I was really fretting doing that side trim.  I cut those strips, with a straightedge, right from the sheet then applied them to the body.  No way was I going to try free-handing it all the way down the body with a knife.  I did unintentionally cut them slightly wider than the molded in trim but I'm good with it.  The vertical part up front is a separate piece which I applied like normal.

Working on the convertible now and considering masking and using the tape as a guide. We'll see, maybe I'll try your method if that fails. 

• Like 1

Sir, I just bought this kit from my local hobby store..Don't have a plan yet for it..Your model is outstanding..I love the stance and color..I'm not a big steely wheel guy, but you made it look as authentic as if this was your race car from the 1970's. You got my wheel turning in my head on what to do with my kit.

Super cool build Tony!  I have this kit and was just going to do it as a quick bone stock build, but now you have me thinking. . . . mid-60's gasser maybe.  Great clean build all around.

Posted (edited)

Many thanks again guys!

On 4/4/2024 at 8:12 PM, Nitro330 said:

Super cool build Tony!  I have this kit and was just going to do it as a quick bone stock build, but now you have me thinking. . . . mid-60's gasser maybe.  Great clean build all around.

I had those same intentions with mine, Terry.  But, when I looked at that cool custom hood, and the other optional goodies in the kit, I changed my mind.

Edited by bogger44