Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two Honda's and A Lotus

Spent some time building these kits, the Ebbro Brabham Honda F2 BT18, Lotus 49B Ford and Tamiya Honda RA272. Salute to Rich Chernosky who did a similar series and a great set of builds. 

Some things I learned. 

It's a shame you can't see all the suspension parts once the car is built because there's a lot of great detail.

The Ebbro kits are for me, very, very  difficult. I found that dry fitting the pieces first (especially suspension), then applying a small about of glue while they were in place worked best. 

I put the tires on to the brake drums first, then glued that unit to the rest of the suspension. That way I didn't destroy the work I already put together by trying to press the tires into brakes. 

I ran out of patience with the gold decals on the Lotus - I should have painted that detail. So you are looking at a version that never existed. I'm going to build this car again sometime and do that. 

Always something to learn. 

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.1.jpeg

7.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

14.1.jpeg

14.jpeg

15.jpeg

16.jpg

17.jpeg

18.jpeg

• Like 12

Doug...thank you for the kind words and mention in you post.   It looks like you have really stepped up top the plate. All three of those are great builds.  The F-2 Brabham is a particulary nice kit  and was one of my first posts on this forum.  Very glad to be your inspiration.  I just moved and it has taken me months just to get set back up but I am almost there. Was looking at the stash just yesterday so hopefully there is more to come. Thanks again.