Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1975 Plymouth Duster

karbuildr

This is one of those relatively easy kits to build. I'm not real sure exactly what year Duster it's supposed to represent, although the kit I bought called it a 1975. It seems to have some differences though, from an actual 1975 model vehicle. Anyway, one of my favorite parts of our hobby is painting. I really enjoy painting bodies. Single colors, two tones, three tones, and I like to use a wide variety of paints. Often times, I'll prep and  paint the body and all the parts, then tuck the kit way for assembly at a later time. Then move on to the next paint project. This kit was painted a number of years ago in Testors enamel in what's called either Basin Street Blue, Petty Blue, Grabber Blue, etc. Take your pic. It's a nice color and the wheels and tires are by Pegasus. The side decal actually came from a sheet included with the ancient AMT/MPC 1967 GTO. It fit without modification. The garage scene/diorama I had packed away and I discovered it again recently. It's made of Gatorboard, and was printed/designed by a now defunct company called Scale Models By Chris. It's a very cool item that assembles easily. I painted and detailed the inside with tool boxes/carts and a bunch of other stuff I acquired years ago. The wall posters came from various magazines and online images. I'm also messing around with the size of my photos to see what works best. Thanks for looking.

DSCN1268a.JPG

DSCN1274a.JPG

DSCN1275a.JPG

DSCN1279a.JPG

DSCN1280a.JPG

DSCN1284a.JPG

• Like 7

4 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking paint finish and the painted accent trim looks good. Like the wheels and tires along with the stance. Was the Hemi engine in this kit? 

Yes it was but if memory serves, the intake system in the kit was different, having a tunnel ram type setup. I lost all my notes for my builds when the hard drive they were on went south. So I want to say I changed the intake setup, or used a Hemi from a different kit.

4 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

Looks great! For the record, AMT totally miss-labeled this kit. It's actually a 75-76 Dodge Dart Sport.

I knew something was up with the labeling, having seen mentions online for different years and models. Thanks for the correct information.

Super build! This kit is done the way I am aiming  for. Less correcting and ultra detailing but detailed enough remove the emptiness of some engine compartments. Just a good looking build to admire!