Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 ford coupe

just got this kit in the mail. going to be robbing parts from the 29 roadster model. body paint will be from tamiya. plan on raising the rear slightly and might use slicks from the parts pack. c&c are welcome as usual and thanks for looking.

DSC07450.JPG

• Like 3

I really like this kit. 

I have built a couple already and will buy another whenever I see it on my local stores shelf or whenever I mail order something and they have it stock.  I like the wheels and tires and the nail head is nice and it is good for other parts too like the choice of two chassis and other options to build either the low boy or high boy. I quite like the 29 roadster too and it is easy to mix and match parts between the two kits. Overall a nicer kit than Revell's 32.

What's missing is a banjo or quick change rear end and a decent flat head 8 or 4 cylinder. The kit is kind of like a more modern version of a 50's Ford hot rod which is OK too.

cheers, Graham

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobss396 said:

VCG Resins makes a couple of nice 3D printed quick change rears that would work well on this kit.

and also Ford banjo rear ends to fit the Revell kits, but not with torque tube.  also some very nice finned brake drums.

cheers, Graham

On 4/15/2024 at 9:43 AM, Zippi said:

Nice kit Ken.  This kit goes together really well.  I'll be keeping tabs on this build dude.

thanks Bob, I'm waiting on paint to come in the mail for inspiration to get started.

On 4/15/2024 at 10:24 AM, ColonelKrypton said:

I really like this kit. 

I have built a couple already and will buy another whenever I see it on my local stores shelf or whenever I mail order something and they have it stock.  I like the wheels and tires and the nail head is nice and it is good for other parts too like the choice of two chassis and other options to build either the low boy or high boy. I quite like the 29 roadster too and it is easy to mix and match parts between the two kits. Overall a nicer kit than Revell's 32.

What's missing is a banjo or quick change rear end and a decent flat head 8 or 4 cylinder. The kit is kind of like a more modern version of a 50's Ford hot rod which is OK too.

cheers, Graham

thanks for the info Graham.

On 4/15/2024 at 10:16 PM, FoMoCo66 said:

This will be a fun one. Looking forward to spin your going to put on this. I've wanted to build this kit but just haven't picked one up yet.

probably looking for an early 60's build this time Ace.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

and also Ford banjo rear ends to fit the Revell kits, but not with torque tube.  also some very nice finned brake drums.

cheers, Graham

thanks for the info Graham.

19 hours ago, Paul Payne said:

Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland has quick changes with axle tubes, also just the axle tubes- very fine quality stuff!

thank you Paul for the info. I have at least 1 more of this kit planned.

On 4/16/2024 at 8:43 AM, ColonelKrypton said:
On 4/16/2024 at 7:22 AM, bobss396 said:

VCG Resins makes a couple of nice 3D printed quick change rears that would work well on this kit.

cheers, Graham

Should have also mentioned, also some very nice Ford flat head V8's

cheers, Graham

19 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Should have also mentioned, also some very nice Ford flat head V8's

cheers, Graham

I checked their site and they have a lot of nice stuff. again thanks Graham!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andrew McD said:

I have this one in the stash .  I was impressed with your 32 Ford roadster and look forward to seeing what direction you go with this one.

going to have a 60's feel I hope Andrew!

this is the orange I think I'm going to go with. it is tamiya 92 metallic orange. heading to hobby lobby today to pick up a 29 roadster kit as a donor car. forecast is rain so no painting today.

DSC07466.JPG

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bronzekeg said:

this is the orange I think I'm going to go with. it is tamiya 92 metallic orange. heading to hobby lobby today to pick up a 29 roadster kit as a donor car. forecast is rain so no painting today.

DSC07466.JPG

I like that orange. I recently did a '32 coupe using a Black Gold orange (Nova Orange IIRC) that came out great. The Model Master Lacquer line has a great orange in it.